• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uh oh engine noises

Insan3

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i have a 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200. It has recently developed a terrible noise that i would like some opinions on. Bike has 27xxx miles and the timing chain and top end has always made a little noise.

A few days ago i noticed a rattling, but ONLY when the bike is hot. Cold and warm it is perfectly normal. But when to full temp it rattles at 2000+ rpms. If i let the bike sit for a few minutes and start it, it takes a few moments for the noise to start again. I have already pulled the alternator and i know its not the cause. It makes the noise in 1-5 gear and in neutral with or without the clutch pulled.

I have uploaded a video for your viewing pleasure.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCTkRdww6fQ"]Suzuki bandit 1200 engine noise - YouTube[/ame]

So, my ear didn't hear anything that I'd personally be concerned with. After listening to my Bandit for 150,000 miles and hearing all sorts of strange (to me) noises over the last ten years I finally settled on riding the thing with my earplugs pushed in a little deeper. Ride it until it breaks then you'll know what the problem is.

YMMV

:trust:

Back