• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Here's something I found that looks similar - the spring on the headlight adjustment. Look at #2 in the diagram. Maybe the pin is really a broken bolt? I know it really doesn't explain why it's oily nor why it would have been inside the cover.

Attachments

• 92_XR600_headlight.jpg
    92_XR600_headlight.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 185
I finally got the little silver end pulled out and found there was part of a red wire attached so it must have come from something like a fuse holder.

i was hoping it was something that came out of the side case that went with the decompression stuff.

oh well back to the drawing board

thanks guys

Decompression stuff is in the head cover and there's no spring like that. There should be a decompression lever on the handlebars next to the clutch. If you pull that, does the motor turn over smoothly?

part of a red wire attached so it must have come from something like a fuse holder.

That's what I was thinking. Or maybe a contact out of a light bulb socket, like a brake/tail light or a turn signal. Does all that stuff work on your bike?

Every thing on my other two is in working order but there are things on this one that have been removed by po to reduce weight I guess.

It may be from a fuse holder as I usually cut them out and run every thing to fuse blocks

$1k for starters

when I got it the guy rode it around Cabelas parking lot and it sounded good and I didnt see any smoke. it started on 2nd kick but he was about 6' 2" around 250 and it was hard for him to kick.

My goodness, you both look human and normal!! :doh: What is the world coming too?

Glad to see you are all well.

Well Lonnie hasn't been around in forever and a day and thrillbilly has a lot of knowledge about the XRL and AT LEAST HE RIDES :giveup: :duck: :rofl:

My goodness, you both look human and normal!! :doh: What is the world coming too?

Glad to see you are all well.
McKinney, TX?? Where? :scratch:
ThrasherG at the Hoover Dam the day we finished* the Barstow to Vegas, what a hoot!

CIMG1784Copy-1.jpg

The next day we rode back to Palmdale via Death Valley to find his lost cell phone, he found it in the middle of nowhere thanks to him sending Meriden his GPS coordinates 10 seconds before he lost his phone. :rofl:

CIMG1820Copy.jpg

I heard the sand is pretty tough out there . If I did have the coin to go, I don`t know if I would want to ride in a bunch of sand :giveup:

Last edited:
Nah, you can have it. .....Oh, dang, that's right, you just hang out here. :lol2: Well that's too bad, I guess that means it goes to JMZ. He's always wanted it but he's too ashamed to admit it. :rofl:

I don`t own a xr650Ladies :lol2: :rofl: :rider:

Guys, guys! I took the 300 out of the shed and hit the magic button, but it sounded like a Dewalt power drill in it's death throws. Then I noticed this lever thingy coming out of the motor and pushed it with my foot and the mighty Katoom came to life! One kick!

And we'll get JMZ into the Mojave at some point. Doesn't have to be this year, or next, but it will happen.

I kept thinking that as soon as I was through with the paper chase I would be able to ride, but so far that is not the case. The X is in ADV mode. Looking forward to October.

m

...Then I noticed this lever thingy coming out of the motor and pushed it with my foot and the mighty Katoom came to life! One kick!...

I want to see video of that one kick start with flip flops on. Crocs are for Ladies. Lol

_

Back