• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

camping/fishing Lake Palestine

Reaction score
have permission to tent camp and fish on 4ac with lake front.
TWT riders many come also. How many?
when I asked him, he said he didn't care.

Nice tenting area near water (mosquitos?).
No near occupied houses.

Bonfires Permitted.
ac4_1.jpg

Tenting to the left of the closest pine tree left of middle.
ac4_2.jpg

temporary access.

Last edited:
In the works;

Fishing, tent camping, trails (somewhat).

150ac on L.P.
2 miles of lake front, 1 mile of road frontage.
No trails, but what rabbits leave.
Have to cut our own from road to lake.
Lake edge is about one mile from county road.

temporary access.

Last edited:
Re: Lake Palestine - Ride 150 ac

Headed to the 150 ac to ride it.
New owner said he did not know that much about the lay.
Said a mc could get down in there to the lake.

There is some sort of tracks on the property.

This area is to the west of Coffee City about 5 miles.
Leaving in about an hour, down 155 to cr 3506.

If you want to ride/explore let's go.

Leaving now. About 1/2 hour from coffee city.

Last edited:
well, it looks good out there.
Talked with owner when I came back, he said that more then likely he will not take a bulldozer to it, but just cut some 'trails', meaning for access to show land when he sells it.

Good dirt on what double track, is what it looks like.
Didn't go over much of it, being as I was by myself.

Good picnic/tent area, already has a table down there and one other item that would come in handy (pic of it). Took a few pics and yes they are taken with my cell phone, so if your going to gripe about that, then buy me a camera :) .

Wish I had of had the vid cam on bike, but no mount for it yet.

150-1.jpg

150-2.jpg

150-3.jpg

150-4.jpg

150-5.jpg

150-6.jpg

150-7.jpg

150-8.jpg

Anyone want to go explore it this Sat, 2/14/2015

Last edited:
Looks nice. I would like to check it out. Won't be able to get out there till next month though. If you want to schedule a cleanup/work day for March 14th I can ride out on the 13th and help.

Looks nice. I would like to check it out. Won't be able to get out there till next month though. If you want to schedule a cleanup/work day for March 14th I can ride out on the 13th and help.

Considering that I do not know how long we will have access to this property, I don't think it would be worthwhile. Let me get in touch with the owner and see how long he thinks he will hold onto it.

Dam good place to practice dirt. some hilly section.
I just rode a very-very small part of it.

Forgot to ask him if he had taken a brush hog and ran through it.
Some of the 'trails' look like that was what was done.

We could actually spend some number of sequential days riding, fishing, camping...

What I was thinking for this weekend, don't know if it would be worth because of not knowing if the 'trails' I saw, were really trails. Was bring my moto-mule trailer, stop and pack it with drinks/iced, drop it down by lake and go ride.
Think this is good idea if overnighting it there.

Riders may just give up on brush busting.
I didn't do too much, because of being solo.
Bike decided she had enough and decided to nap in the soft chewed up loam.
Can't blame her though, she had been good. I had trouble walking in it.

The images only cover about a 100 foot wide path, 1 mile long or so. so 100 foot wide, 1 mile long, is not much representation of that 150 ac.

He said it was a mile down there. let me measure it on google map and see what it says.

From the gate on the county road, to the lake where pic of the picnic table was taken, is 2,465 feet, as the crow flies.
This measurement is perpendicular to the fence and county road.

Last edited:
I would love to do a riding, fishing and camping weekend. Too bad I am working this weekend and have plans with GF the next couple. If it is still available I have a 3 day weekend Mar 13-15. Was considering camping at SHNF that weekend and riding cheeseburger loop. Camping, fishing, riding, and reading are my favorite things to do.

Back