• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CDR Logistics

BAH

Reaction score
So were trying to put us a trip together to start up on the Canadian border and end somewhere in Colorado. Some of the crew will be shorter on time than others. Were trying to figure the best way to trailer the bikes north then have the truck in Colorado for the drive home.

Looking for ideas or to see what others have done.

Shipping?
Uhaul?
Hire someone to drive truck to Colorado?

Bring a friend along who enjoys the mountains but doesn't ride to drive the truck and meet you for dinner at night. Seen it done, worked out well for all those folks, chase truck driver included.

My wife did it for me. Met us in Salida, CO. She watched us on SPOT and shadowed our ride in case we needed extraction. She met up with her parents and did some sight seeing. She had a great trip too.

We drove to colorado with all the bikes on a trailer, then at Colorado we rented a Uhaul truck (One way), put the bikes in the Uhaul, left the car and drove to the Canadian border in the U-haul, dropped of the van and then rode the CDR to colorado, loaded the bikes on the car and trailer and drove home!! Not the cheapest option but it was convenient for us, the main issue is that a u-Haul truck can only carry 3 people. We where 4 so we had the fourth fly to an airport (I forget which one), near the canadian border and we collected them in the U-haul.

Just an idea.

Gary

Thanks guys. Thinking the Uhaul might be best option. If wife drives its going to cost me an extra grand so she can shop from Canada to Colorado over the next week waiting for me.

For you guys that have complete the ride, how many days would you say it took from Canadian border to CO?

Thanks again....

How many riders? Each one taking a day to drive the truck/trailer with their bike in back. The more riders the less loss in riding. I find having a day off sometimes is actually nice. Draw straws to pick days.

Looking like 3 of us. We're going to trailer to South Fork CO cause we have a house there. Then rent uhaul and drive it to Eureka MT and unload. Just wondering when we hit the CDR how many days from Canada to Salida.

Looking like 3 of us. We're going to trailer to South Fork CO cause we have a house there. Then rent uhaul and drive it to Eureka MT and unload. Just wondering when we hit the CDR how many days from Canada to Salida.

8-9 days depending on how fast you ride and whether you camp or stay in hotels. Check my ride report for how we did Eureka to Salida in Part 1.

Back