• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Caberg Tourmax new to me

Burbo

Reaction score
Just received my new helmet today. First impression is great. Fit, finish, & quality seem to be excellent. I will update as I get to ride with it. Debated spending $650.00 for Schuberth or 1/3rd that for Caberg. The Italians won.

Attachments

• 20160706_165407.jpg
    20160706_165407.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 222
How are you liking your Caberg? I seem to have an Arai head but don't really want to spend that much again.

I really like the fit. I came from a Shoei rf1000. It does not vent well in hot weather. I will try it for fall and winter riding to see how it does there. However typically much more humidity in those seasons so fogging may be a problem. Seems like anytime I buy less than top of the line, I end up buying twice. On ADV rider many reported very good venting on the Schuberth, so that is the route I will end up going soon. Other than that I really like it.

I was just looking at the Caberg site and noticed they have birdseed related to US homologation (pasted below). Their dual-sport XTRACE model in Red-White-Blue is a **** nice looking helmet and priced very competitively.

What are your thoughts on the non-homologation aspect of these helmets?

"WARNING: This helmet is not homologated for use in the United States of America and Canada. The helmet has been homologated according to the European Standard requirement ECE 22.05; therefore the use of this helmet is allowed only in the countries/nations where the homologation standard ECE/ONU 22.05 is in force"

My thoughts were if the State of Texas isn't worried if I even wear a helmet the European standard is probably good enough:trust: From what I have read the ECE 22.05 is probably a higher bar than the DOT standard. As Burbo said it doesn't vent that well and I suspect when temps reach upper 80's mine will go back in the closet till it cool off in the fall.

I have been wearing mine, a white one, for 2 years now and love it. Visors are expensive but worth the money and time to import it.
On Ebay you can find DOT stickers to stick on the back if you are so inclined. I did as a joke.
Great helmet, when it wears out Ill probably get another one.

Andre

Back