• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ruste Protection, jeans tailoring review

JohnK

Reaction score
First Name
Can (John)
Last Name
Kalyoncuoglu
I received my jeans from Ruste about a week ago. It took them less than 2 weeks to have my Levi's jeans shipped to Europe, do their thing and have them back at my door, which is great.

I bought another pair of the jeans I usually wear for Ruste to tailor. To account for the hip protectors, I bought 32W instead of 31 and instead of "sits below waist" I bought "sits at waist" version.

The looks of my jeans are just the same with hip and knee protectors. I did do the visual test by not telling my wife that I was wearing the tailored jeans and she could not tell the difference. Inside, coolmax feels really soft.

In 85-93 F weather in Austin, TX with relatively high humidity, I can really feel the difference in weight and warmth. They are noticeably heavier and ,at least for me, now require a belt for comfort. Also, noticeably warmer that my legs do sweat in them which is expected in hot weather I suppose. While walking around the city, you always feel the knee armor is there, not uncomfortable but there... Also, When putting them on, I have to take a few seconds to adjust hip and knee armors in place, which doesn't bother me. Getting on the bike I have to wiggle the knee protectors to correct position. I was not expecting them to move around that much honestly.

I thought going with my own jeans would have been more comfy but the weight is considerably more than expected along with sweating issue in humid hot Austin climate.

I will wear these for sure after spending this kind of money but if I could, I would return them and buy a pair of RevIt riding jeans instead -sacrificing some style-, due to weight and comfort in hot humid weather, for which RevIt seems to be much lighter and with thinner hip and knee pads that protect just as good as what Ruste uses.

Back