• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Special Thursday Meet n Greet n Eat

Yes it is buffet but also can order off menu. I like it cause all you can eat buffet and large portions off menu.
Who knows if chicken fried steak is on buffet we will keep-em hoppin.
He will have several "entrees" (twenty dollar word, ding ding) on buffet. It won't be crowded at 11 but they have two dinning areas anyway.:)

Don't leave out the desserts. Last time there was all sorts of pies and such. Man was I ever full when we left.:eat3:

Darn, have to bow out. Have a good time. Hope to make the next M&G&E.

Decided to check the place out today. Here's a pic of the chicken fried steak I had. Actually, I could only eat half of it. Gravy was great, but the all important meat to coating ratio was off, in that there seemed to be more breading than steak. But, there is so much, you could scrape all that excess batter off and still have way too much food!
2017111520240255-IMG_2052-L.jpg

That's why we go there, portions are small at other places and not near as economical. Those ranchers farm hands like a deal and a lot when it comes to food. The BBQ next door is pretty good and gives more than most at half the price. We buy all our meat there. Their raw sausage (3 or 4 kinds) is good to take home and grill. I like the beef sausage. Louie Mueller in Taylor is great, but twice the price and crowed. Two meat plate special on Monday at T-Dale Meat Market I eat half take the rest home for supper for wife and I. I get Beef and Sausage or ribs.
Hope to see you there tomorrow morning

Sorry to say but I am not going to be able to make it today. Got somework and life stuff to take care of today before going to the ghost Ranch off of class this weekend.Thank you KP for hosting, next time for sure.

Sorry to say but I am not going to be able to make it today. Got somework and life stuff to take care of today before going to the ghost Ranch off of class this weekend.Thank you KP for hosting, next time for sure.

Grasshopper Peter, you need to work on your Slacker-Fu. The road beckons.

Attachments

• Quotefancy-368719-3840x2160.jpg
    Quotefancy-368719-3840x2160.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 174
Slackerosity
b32849e3a4464e193ee0a0b381d131f6.jpg

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
221d4f5e27dcd1fb48fe115718f3e556.jpg

You can barely see it in the background....the dangling suspension walk bridge at Apache Gap on FM908

Last edited:
That was fun.... I also ate too much. /burp. :eat:

Always fun to see other members as well.

Couple of pictures. really a good time. I forgot to get my senior discount at café.:eat:

Attachments

• Ride Side T dale.jpg
    Ride Side T dale.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Ride Side after ride.jpg
    Ride Side after ride.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 182
Good thing we found this out of way self service gas stop. My low fuel light was on. Enjoyed the ride after Drew. maybe you can get with Boulder Ed on campout we discussed. His place is beautiful, and we welcome Ed and his wife Dena to Milam County Texas.
Drew, I can't believe how many people rode to your event on a Thursday Really enjoyed it. You can sure ride a gravel road on that bid Kawasaki 14 Sport Bike. KSP I nominate you TWT member of the month!

Attachments

• Ride with a side fuel stop..jpg
    Ride with a side fuel stop..jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Thanks for the complements Clay. Thank you for leading us around for the first half of the after ride and Rod for the rest. Enjoyed seeing so many people there for a Thursday. 13 in all not bad for short notice and not the regular Sunday. Was not able to visit with everyone sadly but we will see you again at the next one. Had some tender steak fingers and tasty chicken. Good to see you all again. Was good to recharge the ole batteries and get out there and enjoy the beautiful day. What a perfect day to ride.:rider:

I think that musta been premium gas or moonshine I put in my Royal Enfield, it seems like it has much more power:lol2:

Glad every one got to meet me again are for the first time had great time and enjoyed, day start out a little wet but ended a great summer day wait its November but we are in Texas. Have not been on that side of I-35 in a long time found some gravel on the way back and something I did not expected to see in the prairie.

20171116_124040 (3).jpg

Aaron

Glad every one got to meet me again are for the first time had great time and enjoyed, day start out a little wet but ended a great summer day wait its November but we are in Texas. Have not been on that side of I-35 in a long time found some gravel on the way back and something I did not expected to see in the prairie.

View attachment 42943

Aaron

The last day for that Lignite Coal conveyor is Dec 31st, 20017 it and Illuminant Power plant and others are shutting down. 450 jobs or more lost. It will hurt Rockdale and surrounding areas. I think I heard Franklin Power Plant is closing too. 33000 thousand acres for sale. Signs have been up some time. Make a **** of a off-road park. I will miss the sound of the conveyor on still nights. They paid a lot of taxes.

I'm the only dope that didn't know about this M&G&E and am maybe 30 minutes from Thorndale. So I was the only one at Billy's. Lunch was quiet. That's what I get for not getting on TWT very often.

Note special meet and greet this time on Thursday 16TH at 11 AM. Uptown cafe in Thorndale this time. Same time just Thursday instead of the normal Sunday. Weather shows a high of 79. So perfect riding weather. :sun:

Please sign up on the thread if you are attending so I can let them know.

Great way to meet other riders of TWT and enjoy some great bike stories. Regulars and new members all invited. Drive if you currently do not have a bike. Sign up early stay late.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...uptowncafe1/&usg=AOvVaw07x2JZXHOmWrWeudjIp7T7

Thursday the sixteenth eleven am.

Uptown cafe
204 US 79
Thordale,Texas

The in crowd::clap:
Retiredtosoon
Zephyr
Mr2mch
DFW Tom
KamLeeR
RT_Slim
K~P
Windmill
slowGEEZR
euromedic
Centexrider
Regina2017.................12

The not so sure folks::scratch:
M38A1
A good turnout on a perfect day to ride.
85dc9129eaa814a2950849c6c584a75d.jpg
c674b27307d641f2899b2982e8a2d704.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Back