• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not a Side Hack guy,, But

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Figured you that were might like to see what was given to the Iraqi Army by the container full. :giveup:
attachment.php

Last Time I was in or on a Hack was BMX, in California in the late 70's.. i was the monkey :-D

Attachments

• Iraq..three wheeler.jpg
    Iraq..three wheeler.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 315
Sweet! :thumb:
And why is the theme from "India Jones" playing in my head

Urals, brand new in the crate.. I saw dozens during that deployment (the picture is from my 2009-2010 deployment to Iraq. I'm in Afghanistan now, and found this pic in my "deployment" folder)

They were mostly unused from what I saw.. found on some of the farther out outposts our units were at... Some like the one in the picture, in perfect condition, un ridden, some that looks to have been stripped for parts, which implies some were being used, and needed repair.

I do not know what country supplied them, or sold them to Iraq. .....Never found a label, shipping document or an Iraq solder that knew.

Saddam probably bought them directly from the Russians before Desert Storm. That's where he got his aircraft, missiles, radar, helicopters, etc.

Saddam probably bought them directly from the Russians before Desert Storm. That's where he got his aircraft, missiles, radar, helicopters, etc.

While anything is possible, that possibility is less likely.

By 2009, my third tour there, there was not much from Saddam's days that was unmolested, pilfered, stolen, broken, used, fixed, stolen and broken again.

Not buildings, cars, people, and for sure not Brand New, fresh in the crate and out Ural side cars and bikes.

More likely materiel support from a partnering nation that does not send troops, or money, or little of ether..But they do send "Military materiel assistance" Of course the records reflect "200,000 tons Military materiel assistance supplied to Iraq's government in 200x as part of our great nations effort to help them build back what has been lost, and fight the insurgency" What was shipped was ship propellers, Ural side cars, 50 ton war stock cheese and 100 ea Karabin wz.98a rifles... AKA Transportation, Transportation repair parts, Class I rations, and weapons...:-D

While anything is possible, that possibility is less likely.

By 2009, my third tour there, there was not much from Saddam's days that was unmolested, pilfered, stolen, broken, used, fixed, stolen and broken again.

Not buildings, cars, people, and for sure not Brand New, fresh in the crate and out Ural side cars and bikes.

More likely materiel support from a partnering nation that does not send troops, or money, or little of ether..But they do send "Military materiel assistance" Of course the records reflect "200,000 tons Military materiel assistance supplied to Iraq's government in 200x as part of our great nations effort to help them build back what has been lost, and fight the insurgency" What was shipped was ship propellers, Ural side cars, 50 ton war stock cheese and 100 ea Karabin wz.98a rifles... AKA Transportation, Transportation repair parts, Class I rations, and weapons...:-D

You would know; thank you for your service.

If I had run across any of those during my tours over there, one of those sidecars would have found it's way into a milvan!

Back