• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

helmet

does anyone have experience with the BILT EXPLORER helmet?
it is a dualsport, adventure, offroad, helmet.
I did not like it. With the shield down your vision is distorted because of the acute bend in the shield.

I've got the Explorer adventure and I like it. From what I read, the explorer discovery seems to be less liked. Shield design is completely different between the two. The Adventure has a lip or ledge all the way around the bottom of the shield that looks different than what you're used to, the Discovery has the little tab at the bottom.

The Adventure also has a retractable sun screen.

Adventure - http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/...T/Explorer-Adventure-Helmet/p/43199_200897_21

Discovery - http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/...r-Discovery-Adventure-Helmet/p/43193_59409_21

does anyone have experience with the BILT EXPLORER helmet?
it is a dualsport, adventure, offroad, helmet.

Yup, I really like my flat black Adventure. I would however like to get a darker tinted piece for both the main visor and the retractable sun glasses.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I know this thread is a little old but I too would like a darker tinted shield on mine. I saw on the net where someone added window tint to their tinted visor .

I know this thread is a little old but I too would like a darker tinted shield on mine. I saw on the net where someone added window tint to their tinted visor .

The plastic of the shield( poly-carbonate) well out gas and cause the film to bubble. What you have then is the adhesive stuck to the shield and the film bubbling. No saving the shield after that.
I did see some where a static cling film that can be used. No sticky stuff, just static electricity. You can use window film as the static method but it may discharge and fall off over time. :sun:

Back