• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Treating new boots?

erda

Reaction score
So, just received my new Sidi Armada boots. These are to replace my A-Star Web Gore-tex that are past their best before date :lol2:
My question is, do you treat your new boots before you wear them for the first time? I used NikWax on the A-Stars after they started to leak BADLY.

I think just spray them with Camp Dry
41oRuy5ccAL._SY450_.jpg

Call it good. The reviews are very good for the boot and the standing water test is a good indicator
I have just returned some Bilts Adventure boots due to the stitching blowing out, they also had a a "waterproof" rating which was more like a water resistant rating.:doh:

... I have just returned some ... boots ... had a "waterproof" rating which was more like a water resistant rating.:doh:

Yep, I've had a few boots like that too. Thanks for the tips. We used mink oil on RedWing work boots back on the East Texas farm to help keep the dew away from our socks.

All my leather boots get regular treatments of mink oil. Keeps the leather happy, waterproof and stops the squeaking.

what MERIDEN ^ said

& i warm both the boots(hair dryer or oven door) & the mink juice(in a pan of hot water), b4 application

once the liquified mink juice solidifies, i wipe off the excess & buff... :mrgreen:

these new plastic boots are a puzzlement to me, when THEY leak :giveup:

sw

Back