• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm new here

However, if you train yourself to 'point your nose' where you want to go, you are more likely to actually turn your head and really look.

:tab TOTALLY true!! It makes a BIG difference whether you just turn your eyes or turn your whole head. You WILL go where you look.

:tab The 1150 GS is an awesome bike and it can lean WAY over if you have decent tires on it. It was not uncommon for my Jesse bags to touch down when I was corner carving at a brisk pace. I eventually ground holes through the leading corner of both bags :doh:

:tab The GS is real easy to maintain as well. Valve inspections/adjustments are a breeze. Once you have the feeler gauges, you never need any other parts or special tools. Syncing the throttle bodies is easy as well, but you will need a special tool. I found that the 1150 GS I had REALLY liked have the TB sync done with every oil change (6K miles). Valves are every 12K miles. If you are cruising in town around 30-40 mph and feel a slight pulsing in speed at constant throttle, you likely need to do at least a TB sync and possibly check the valves. IF they are both good, the pulsing goes away. That was always my seat of the pants indicator for when I needed to check the TB's and or valves. After you've done the TB's and valves once to figure out how, you can get it done in about an hour or so even if you are taking your time.

:tab Be warned... That is a heavy bike. Pay attention to where you are parking and which way the ground is sloping. If you don't getting it off the side stand can be a real chore :-P

:tab And now, here are a few gratuitous pics of my old GS (long gone now).

DSC04075.JPG

P1010536.jpg

DSC04393.JPG

:tab I put about 40K miles on it in just under two years. I had a LOT of fun on that bike!! :rider: You will as well ;-)

I kid you not, this was in my fortune cookie yesterday.

Thanks, everyone, I'm so excited.

My wife... less so. :rider:

Attachments

• fortune_resized.jpg
    fortune_resized.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 189
How could anyone argue with such a powerful fortune cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was nice meeting you today at the meetup in Lampasas! I was the guy next to at the end if the table. Great bike you have and what a terrific deal you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was nice meeting you this am. Congratulations again on getting your licenses and that great deal on your bike.

Thanks, Doyle and Regina, it was good meeting you both.

I've now got 225 miles under my belt, looking forward to many thousands of more.

Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new bike and life style...

Back