• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dry duffel bag deal found

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Just found this and wanted to pass it along.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/...Bags/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/Adventure-Bag

From the little bit I've been able to find on the internet, these are the first generation of the Nelson Riggs Adventure Dry Bags but unbranded. I could be wrong but they look the same to me. Anyhow, I just couldn't pass up the price even with $9 in shipping (free after $100). I just orderd a medium size (39 liter) but the large (71 liter) seems like an even better value. I already have a large dry duffel bag but wanted a smaller one too. I have no affiliation with Iron Pony, they're just one of many vendors that get my money. :giveup:

Nelson Riggs Adventure Dry Bag for comparison.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/.../c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/Adventure-Dry-Bag

Seems like a good deal

We've all seen when it's genre is consider Motorcycle or ATV, the price goes up.

In this case, look at marine dry bags.

I bought 40L Leader brand marine dry bags from Amazon (using the TWT link) and they are very reasonably priced.

Yup, I, too have a Bass Pro yellow marine bag--got it on clearance, thanks to a head's up from JT about them.

I just received these yesterday. Couldn't pass them up at that price.

These appear to be decent quality. Man, are they bright!

Looks like you're a fellow cheapskate too Gina. I saw we both bought the MSR boots when somebody posted a link for those. Hope they work for you and I guess we will see you and JT in Arkansas.

Looks like you're a fellow cheapskate too Gina. I saw we both bought the MSR boots when somebody posted a link for those. Hope they work for you and I guess we will see you and JT in Arkansas.

Ha ha! Yep, well do what we gotta do... really pleased with the MSR boots. JT is wearing his right now in Mexico. Hope you are liking yours.

Re:Arkansas...Looking forward to it. And, Hey, you'll see me coming!

If anyone is looking for cheap(price) good quality waterproof duffels or saddlebags, there is a company called VUZ that makes quality stuff. The duffle is only about $70 and the saddle bags are $100. I used the duffle on my 4500mi Colorado trip through some torrential rains and hail, and temps from 40-110F and the duffle held up like a champ. I didn't take the saddle bags, but they seem to be the same quality. I was really impressed with what you get for the money. I've used the duffle on three trips now and it is still like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received these yesterday. Couldn't pass them up at that price.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/.../Street-Products/KitKey2/Adventure-SaddleBags

My old Givi's are about Gone.

These appear to be decent quality. Man, are they bright!

Update...

Went to install the bags on the wee and discovered the base plates that fit in the bags were missing. Also, no shoulder strap.

Emailed Iron Pony Sunday, got a quick response; they are sending a second set.

That's good customer service. (Or, they can't get rid of these things!)

Back