• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Disk Brakes for 1987 Honda Hurricane CBR600F

Reaction score
Hello all and greetings from the eye of the Hurricane!
:mrgreen:

There is little to do (CHEAPLY) to improve the braking of my older, but sweely classical rice rocket. I have tried many different brake pads for my 'Cane. Does anyone have valuable suggestions for brake pads for me???

I have tried, racing style, updated, various metal compounds, etc for my brake pads. Does anyone know of a pad that will make me glad?

Thanks in advance.

Karen "Redd" Rich
aka
The Rice Rocket Redhead

:lol:

Howdy,

:tab What kind of characteristics are you looking for? Longevity? Max stopping power? Hard or soft initial bite? Cheap or expensive? What have you not like about your previous pads?

Adios,

On the slightly more expensive end, new SS or Kevlar braided lines make a world of difference. I put them on the front of the SV and Wow. Now if I can just scounge up the extra cash for the 8 or 9 lines to do the VFR with LBS/ABS.

Good luck.

You might need to check the condition of your calipers more than pad compound. Make sure everything is clean and tight, well bled, and the parts that need grease should have a good film of grease. I am not familair with the H'cane but most calipers act the same. If you have floating calipers then there will be two pins that the caliper slides left and right on. If these are scunged up with road grit than you have a problem. One pad will be biting hard while the other pad is hardly biting at all. This is a good way to warp discs, and an even better way to ruin the pads... Ask me how I know :roll: .

After all is clean and greased try out your favorite pads again. If thats still not enough, go with stainless steel brake lines. Try to get the "racer" style that only has two lines. Both come from the master cylinder and go to their respective calipers. This system is easier to hook up and costs less usually. Plus you get to eliminate some weight from the front end.....

HTH
-=Tim=-

Back