• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My side projects.

Re-soldered on the wires on the coil and with a new condenser.

HondaCL70taketwo15Large.jpg

Got all the connectors done. Doesn't look pretty but everything with the ignition is connected.

HondaCL70taketwo18Large.jpg

I love the simplicity of these things.

HondaCL70taketwo16Large.jpg

HondaCL70taketwo17Large.jpg

Here's a vid testing the coil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSECIY6aOBI

No starting today. The weather turned crappy. Didn't feel like standing in snow and rain.

Carb is ready to go. Although this is not the stock one, it is very similar to it. Installed the carb kit that came with stock sized jets.

HondaCL70carbrebuild2Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild3Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild4Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild5Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild6Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild7Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild8Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild9Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild10Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild11Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild12Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild13Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild14Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild15Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild16Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild17Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild18Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild19Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild20Large.jpg

Here's the fun part. Figuring out which slot the clip needs to go. Raising or lowering the needle. I just stuck it in the middle one for now.

HondaCL70carbrebuild21Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild22Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild23Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild24Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild26Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild27Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild28Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild29Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild30Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild31Large.jpg

HondaCL70carbrebuild32Large.jpg

It appears in your last vid that you got the carb issues worked out.:thumb: I can certainly see your frustrations there.
You may be able to coat the valve cover o-rings with a little Permatex gasket compound and reinstall. Sometimes that's an easy fix.

The knock off carb seems to be doing better. Tooker her for a spin yesterday and I am still having the bogging problem. I can get it to go with just barely any throttle but any more and it just bogs down. Im guessing bigger main jet? I started with a stock 75 and went to an 88. I guess it helped some.

Going to adjust the needle clip so the needle opens more. If that doesnt help then I have a spare 75 jet thatll I'll drill out.

Dusted her off and she started the first kick. She idles and ai can use about 5-10% throttle then he bogs. If put my fingers in front of the throat I can feel gas.

Changed jets adjusted float, doesnt matter.

Any ideas?

Have you tested the floats for a leak? That could cause your problem, I think.. If they filled with gas, it would cause the problem.

Have you tested the floats for a leak? That could cause your problem, I think.. If they filled with gas, it would cause the problem.

Ive used two used and a new one. When pulled they felt and sounded empty.

Got a deal on a chinese 125cc pitbike. Put that engine in and have been riding it around a bit. The stock sprockets were 13/47 and I could hit 27mph. Put on a 15 front and hit 37mph, then swapped out the rear to a 39 and I hit 55mph!!! Talk about fast on such a small bike. I'd like to at least be able to hold 60mph in a good head wind but I'm probably gonna need a 146cc kit or a 150cc and up engine.

I need to get all the electrical stuff back together. I think I'm gonna go 12v since I hate having to find and pay the price for 6v bulbs, but then I have to figure out what 12v bulbs replace the stock 6v ones.

I would suggest that you look at Beatrice or DrAtv.com. They have a lot of info and parts for the kind of swap you just did. They have the 12v bulbs and blinkers 12v LEDs too.

I think the 140cc engine swaps will give you the 60 mph you want but you still have a frame and brakes that want to stop 45 mph.

There is no logical reason why that Honda motor can not be made to run as new. I hate to see folks toss an original Honda motor and replace it with a Chinese motor of poor quality. Please, please give the real Honda another chance......:rider:
Mine

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68700

I took the honda engine so it'll stay original and if I ever sell this, I'll swap it back in.

Swapping engines only takes a few minutes. I like the gear ratio on the honda engine but 70cc isnt cutting the butta for me. The chinese engines are just fine. Just take care of it and it'll last. I live a good 20 minutes from work and that's going 70-75mph. I would love to ride this to work and back, the only problem is there is really only two ways to get to work. Stay on the access road on the interstate (have to get on one time to cross over R/R) or go a back road that'll take a lot longer to get to work.

I'm gonna keep farting around with the 125cc till I find a good deal on a 140cc or bigger engine. I really don't want to do a big bore kit on this engine as I got it used and don't want to put a bunch of money into it and have the bottom end go out on me.

Also, yours is in 1000x better condition than mine.

Not plannikg on 75. You should get on youtube and see how fast people get their CT's up to.

Decided to sell the bike I'm flipping and restore tell CL70.

Got this custom built YX engine to put in her. It's either a 194cc or 186cc depending on stroke. I'd have to pop the head and see but don't really care it's gonna haul either way.

Back