• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

73 F7 175 Glamour shot.

Marc B

Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briggs
I would post more pics of her but photobucket is getting so blown up with spam it drives me nuts, anyway I picked up this little girl 3 weeks ago, the lights and ignition switch didn't work, found the gremlins and now everything works, she always starts right up, has strong compression, that old rotory valve noise is loud and clear with that nice tingy two stroke sound, handles as well as could be expected with the 19" front wheel and a full 1" of rear shock travel, had many an old Enduro in my youth but this is the first rotory Kaw I've ever owned, it is quicker than our CRF230s but don't dare ride it without the kidney belt.
008_zpsi8duqfig.jpg

Sweet little ride, I love the old two smoke Enduros. Like the color too.

Last edited:
Could you upgrade that 1" of rear shock travel? I have heard some Hagons I am thinking about for my sl350.

Had one of those in high school...rode it to school every day..:rider:

I had one just like it, same color. Never did warm up to it like my Yamahas - the Kawi felt kind of big and klunky on the trails compared to them. Those were the days ... :rider:

Could you upgrade that 1" of rear shock travel? I have heard some Hagons I am thinking about for my sl350.

I'm sure you could throw something on it that would be better but it would take away from the oem look with the chrome skirts ?

I had one just like it, same color. Never did warm up to it like my Yamahas - the Kawi felt kind of big and klunky on the trails compared to them. Those were the days ... :rider:

It is not a good handler in turns at all, feels front heavy but does great on a fast sweeper with elbows up and out, sounds like your really doing something lol.

Had one of those in high school...rode it to school every day..:rider:

It seemed like most of the guys rode bikes to school in the early 70s, their was a designated area for motorcycles, I only remember one Kaw 100 in the bunch because the Kaw dealer was too far away, Yam and Honda dominated the lot.

I remember those! Still has the original grips (blister inducers) and rubber covered pegs so your feet could slide right off as soon as they got the slightest bit wet! Looks like a dual plug head too so if one plug quit working you just swapped the lead to the other one. I had a Yamaha LT3 100cc enduro in the early 70's that got me everywhere. That bike was my best friend in high school - loved to just get on and ride! Also what I started riding MX on - took off the lights saturday night, changed the pipe, added a number plate, raced on sunday and put the lights back on sunday night to ride to school on monday! You found quite a prize there!

Craig

I pulled the lights off my 72 AT1 to race it, big mistake for one the bike was too heavy to be competitive, stock tires in the mud was horrible and then what a mess trying to get the lights working again.

Back