• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The VOR Navigation Game

Some great info here, it's definitely interesting to see how resourceful the early days of technology were.

Recently grabbed on my ride out to Arkansas - the Childress VOR.

64083c60.jpg

Riding the loaded ZRX through the gravel and sand to get there was interesting :D I was also able to snag the one at Altus AFB but it's on my other camera card - I'll need to upload it later.

we are out here in Amarillo for the pie run and we went out searching for court houses and came across the Panhandle vortac inside the big airport fence.
vortag001.jpg

we couldn't get very close due to there not being much room to pull over and any closer and they would have spotted us from the west side control tower.
we were hidden from view by one of the outlying old military hangers.

vortag002.jpg

I was able to get allot closer to this.

vortag003.jpg

it is the panhandle area ATC radar.

the second shot looks like an opportunity to turn off AF on your lense...depending on camera of course! Nice work.

Holy game resuscitation!

IMG_20120401_173415-1.jpg

The Palacios VORTAC (PSX) shot today while tracking down a couple FMs (for that "other" game!)

Last edited:
Back