• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ZRX 1100/1200 Mod's

What mods are you interested in? On my ZRX, I added a Corbin seat, Muzzy full exhaust, Ivan's jet kit and an aftermarket screen. All of it I ordered thru websites because the local prices were so out of line. I really wanted to support the local guy, but for 30%-50% difference......

Well,

I've already have the Corbin Gunfighter seat. I'm looking to get the swing arm sliders, frame sliders and possibly replace my engine covers (both have slight, um, well, scrapes on them).

The other things I'm intersted in is the City Light for the front fairing, replacing the front turn signal stems, rear turn signal stems, mirrors (they kinda suck).

I haven't looked too much at the jet kits or turbo kits. Not sure the real advantage except for speed. I'd like to keep my gas mileage instead. ;-)

Although, I have looked at the exhaust. I've got a neighbor, who has a close friend that powder coats. So I thought I could possible just take my current exhuast and clean it up, then get it powder coated in a green or jet black.

Come on over to the ZRXOA website and hold on to your credit card.
There are several members that make parts just for the bike you can
purchase on the site, frame siders, mirror extensions, clutch parts, with links
to several places that have parts and offer member discounts

Radarscratch, what's your handle on the ZRXOA forum? You might want to keep an eye on the "Proposals for Rides" section. There's a group out of Dallas that gets together fairly regularly. Good of you to post those links for any Rexxer's who haven't been assimilated into the collective, yet. And I've got Champ's sliders and spools, they're great. As for powdercoating, there's a guy named Ken on the website who has his own powdercoating business. Unfortunately, the member who was selling the city lights has shut down his business. Mirrors, go for Chrispy's, I hear he's making a new batch of them. And look in the tech section of the forum, it has instructions for shortening your turn signal stalks.

Kelly

Last edited:
Hey, Buddy, thanks. Had a good time with family. Got my son hopped up on pie and turned him loose on my brothers, thereby ensuring that there won't be any more grandchildren for my mother for a while.:-D Hope y'alls was as enjoyable. Hope to see y'all soon.

Hey FWRex, thanks for the info.

I'm on the ZRXOA site under Radarscratch also. I was debating Champ's sliders and spools, glad to hear a good positive on them. That bites about the city light, I really wanted one. :angryfire

radarscratch said:
That bites about the city light, I really wanted one. :angryfire

Well, a little searching on the OA website produced this thread. Hope it helps. If you get it, please let me know. I'd like to see the set up.

http://zrxoa.org/forums//showthread.php?s=&threadid=72534

It's simply the most amazing owner's group that I've seen. You post on there saying that you need a Scandanavian, reverse-threaded, left-handed widget and, within a day, you've got fifteen posts from guys who either know a dozen places to get one, or have six of them laying around their garages and want to mail one to you. Long live the collective.

radarscratch said:
Hey FWRex, thanks for the info.

I'm on the ZRXOA site under Radarscratch also. I was debating Champ's sliders and spools, glad to hear a good positive on them. That bites about the city light, I really wanted one. :angryfire

MR Cycles in Asheville NC had access to them. Want me to dig up the part numbers?

You'll need 2 of each of the following...

92075-1912 (damper) $2.15ea
92027-1923 (collar) $1.80ea
25009-004 (washer) $1.41ea
130J0520 (bolt) $1.49ea

and 1 lamp assy, 23016-1134 $50.52

The prices are current from ronayers.com , I would suggest calling to confirm inventory before ordering from them. I bought the stuff a couple of years ago from MR Cycles (talk to Kevin) and it was delivered in a few days.

Kelly, I have uncovered a NOS stash of Scandanavian, reverse-threaded, left-handed widgets and are packing yours up now, I will even deliver if you can wait until the New Years Party

Forgot to mention a couple of things. Don't order a bulb, just get a 194 at the local auto parts store.

The US version of the ZRX doesn't have the wiring for the light. I made my own and just tapped into the running light wire on a front signal.

You are awesome!! Looks like Santa is gonna need to deliver another gift this Christmas.

budzrex said:
Kelly, I have uncovered a NOS stash of Scandanavian, reverse-threaded, left-handed widgets and are packing yours up now, I will even deliver if you can wait until the New Years Party

Thanks, Buddy. I assume those are still installed with the maroon Loctite, correct?:thumb:

Back