• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW - Would You Buy It?

Ahem ... Brian?

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110589

BTW ... our taste in bikes seem pretty close.

It looks fun, but I will have to sit this one out.

Too soon with new bike, need to sell Strom....yada, yada

Thanks for thinking of me, that's my kind of a fun time for sure.

And yes, I'd say that we have been down some similar paths in bikes, it would be fun to compare stories sometime.

early congratulation Brian, when the dust settles let me know and we can get together and you guys can try my GT ergo's to see if it is something you will need, I have peg lowers, bar backs and Russell Day Long seats both rider and passenger.

:rider:

Sounds like a good plan! I would be interested to pick your brain regarding all things BMW. Everything else I drive is German, why not include the bike, right? :)

Mitch - We're way overdue for a South-o'-the-Metroplex event, and Brian's never been. We need to plan an evening or Saturday to get the gang together.

Thanks Tim!

Wow, those two yellows are almost sickening in the same pic....uggh!

First time I think I have ever seen the hideous jacket and the "Bumble Bee" Strom in the same pic. Looks like I need a riding jacket upgrade as well.

Mitch - We're way overdue for a South-o'-the-Metroplex event, and Brian's never been. We need to plan an evening or Saturday to get the gang together.

Agreed

Brian bought the bike. He dropped by at lunchtime with his beautiful, silver, new-to-him Beemer K-bike. I took it for a short blast up & down Green Oaks. The brakes are scary good; that'll take some getting used to. With 140 HP, it doesn't deliver neck-snapping acceleration, just smooth, raw power that should get a heavily loaded sport tourer down the highway and up the hills with no fuss or muss.

I'm working on getting him & Christy to tomorrow night's South-o'the-Plex meet & greet.

Brian bought the bike. He dropped by at lunchtime with his beautiful, silver, new-to-him Beemer K-bike. I took it for a short blast up & down Green Oaks. The brakes are scary good; that'll take some getting used to. With 140 HP, it doesn't deliver neck-snapping acceleration, just smooth, raw power that should get a heavily loaded sport tourer down the highway and up the hills with no fuss or muss.

I'm working on getting him & Christy to tomorrow night's South-o'the-Plex meet & greet.

:clap: :sun:

If you kept it under 5k rpms then it would have been tame. Over 7k and the fun begins.

Tim, I still have my VStrom, but bought an 800GT in July. Put on the usual few farkles, risers and peg lowers, and am loving the bike more every time I ride it. Not too big for this aging body, but with 90 horses in a bike the same weight as the Strom, it's just that little bit better, and low enough to make it easier.

Hello all :)

Well I have now logged about 175 miles on this new sweet German roller. I could not be more pleased unless it was just a bit lower in the seat. I think that this can be accomplished if I send the leather beauty back to Russell Day Long and have them work it over. I am good as long as I am wearing the thicker soled boots....

Anyway, I have been experimenting with some Laminar side extensions that came with it and like the way that the wind works around me with far less buffeting. I have lots more experimentation to do over the next few months but overall I am excited, pleased and blessed beyond words to have added this additional Kraut Wagon to my already German-heavy fleet. (2103 Audi A3 Sportback, 2015 VW Passat TDI, 2000 VW Beetle 1.8 turbo and lots of others before all these....)

Thank you all for your input that helped sway me towards the "Yes" vote and made my wife (and her tush) happier than on the Strom.

So, now we need to sell the Strom, so tell all of your friends!!

Last edited:
Hey Brian - Has Christi been out on the Beemer yet?

We're leaving tomorrow for Colo. Text me about the Arkansas thing for late October.

Congrats on the new acquisition. Now time to update your sig.

Back