• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cancelled - Bay to Beach tour - June 6-7

Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Last Name
Pharis
Im putting together a fun and challenging ride in the Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Rockport, Coastal Bend area....touring the paved roads around the area to see the sights such as Corpus Christi Bay, Shoreline Dr., Ocean Drive, out to the island, down Mustang island to Port Aransas, doing some sand riding by choice. Lunch in Port Aransas, cross the ferry, take a tour of Rockport and then some obscure backroads back to CC, roll back into CC over Harbor Bridge....

However....the next day will be quite different as we will meander south on Padre Island down to Malaquite Beach until the road runs out...and for the next 60 miles we will encounter 4x4 driving only beach conditions. We will run south until we meet the Port Mansfield Jetties where we will take a break, eat lunch, enjoy the beach and then head back north to conclude the ride...

We will begin touring the area on Friday, June 6th and the Island Assault will happen on Saturday, June 7th.

There are many videos on youtube showing Dualsporters conquering the island however the beach driving conditions vary dramatically depending on the tides and other conditions. The beach ride may be difficult on larger Dualsport bikes...but again that will have to be determined the day of the ride. Smaller bikes (650's, 450's, 400's, etc) will blast through most situations.

Arrange for your hotel or camping on your own but the Friday and Saturday rides will originate on the CC Bayfront T-heads. The exact address to meet will be posted soon. Kick stands up at 9am both days. There are plenty of hotels along the bayfront that are very bike friendly but this is the first weekend of summer so find one early...
There is no fee for this ride as it is just a group of like minded individuals getting together for some fun. If we get enough riders then maybe some T-shirts will be printed up....
See you at the coast....
Infidel

Re: Bay to Beach tour - June 6-7

I should be able to make it
I'll wait for the starting address or a hotel suggestion and then make reservations
Sounds like fun

That sounds like a lot of fun. I've been down as far as Big Shell Beach (20-mile marker, roughly) many times in the Jeep. But I don't have a bike that will negotiate those long, soft deep-sand stretches. Have fun.

Bump,
I have no desire to pick up my DL in the sand. But I do want to see the video and pics of the jetty!
Riding vicariously through your adventure.

I'll be on a different type of two wheel adventure on those days.

Im going to have to cancel this ride as ive had some unexpected issues arise that will have to be attended to that weekend. It doesent seem there was much interest anyway. I will make the ride down the island sometime this summer. Send me a private message if you are interested in making this ride at a later date.
Infidel

aw man...late to the party. sounds like a nice run. Although I always hated riding in the sand...bad experiences...this might give me a reason to change that--or reaffirm my disgust while having some fun. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Back