• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

K Trail

BAH

Reaction score
Anyone been on the K Trail lately. Looking for a short trip and Ive only been up there one time. Didnt know how it was this time of the year. But planning on going next weekend.

It's a fun ride with pretty gnarly sections. Its basically rocks, piled on rocks, sitting on a bed of rocks with rocks along he sides. I wouldn't do it by myself; it's pretty remote, and a long way out if you fail halfway. Very, very hot this time of year, with little wind due to tree lines. Best to wait until the fall. Just my 2c. See if this helps:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60356&highlight=rydah

In that ride report it mentioned a road 254, can you give me general instructions to it? Thanks

Anyone rode a non plated bike from Clayton to Mena then around town in Mena? Might be dumb question but I know you can get away with it in different states.

I ride there 5 or 6 times a year and I've never seen anyone riding in town without plates.

I ride there 5 or 6 times a year and I've never seen anyone riding in town without plates.

You're right on this but Ark. must have a different view on things as quads and dirtbikes run on forest service roads around Wolf Pen all the time. I wonder where the line is drawn?

Yeah I've ridden in Colorado for years and will pull in to different town on a non plated bike. I will say don't do it in Telluride they will get ya. But wasn't sure about up in Mena. No worries, taking the DR.

Heading up to Clayton this weekend. K trail to mena etc etc. Wondering if anyone has any info on trail conditions. Never been up in January.

Little shake down trip for a couple of guys were dragging to do the Colorado discovery route.

Probably be pretty cool in the mornings but just about right once y'all are out there hoppin and dodging. I haven't been watching the weather up there well enough to say much about mud. Not many flat spot to stand water anyway...

Heading up to Clayton this weekend. K trail to mena etc etc. Wondering if anyone has any info on trail conditions. Never been up in January.

Little shake down trip for a couple of guys were dragging to do the Colorado discovery route.

This sounds fun! I'm hoping to do the K Trail myself month.

We will be at A&A motel on Friday night in Clayton. K Trail to Mena on Saturday. Staying at Wolf Pen campgrounds Saturday night then the Clayton trail back to Clayton on Sunday. Feel free to tag along.

We're all riding KTM 990s so ride what you want.

Correction... Wolf Pen campgrounds and the ATV area are closed till March. Were looking for another place.

We will be at A&A motel on Friday night in Clayton. K Trail to Mena on Saturday. Staying at Wolf Pen campgrounds Saturday night then the Clayton trail back to Clayton on Sunday. Feel free to tag along.

Not the K Trail. Should be good.. Last time I was there the 1st part was the worse section after that it was smooth sailing.

I appreciate the offer. I would love to join you. I'm going to try and get things sorted so I can make it.

Are you riding to Clayton, or trailering?

Seldon

As much as I like my 990 I don't like highways. Were going to trailer.

We got a cabin at the Mena Mountain Top Cabins for Saturday night.

Were down to 3 guys now so were all crashing in same room.

I appreciate the offer. I would love to join you. I'm going to try and get things sorted so I can make it.

Are you riding to Clayton, or trailering?

Seldon

Just a little teaser till I get report done.

IMG_5742.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back