• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vibration help

cj79zx

Reaction score
Just trying to get some insight on the issues I'm having with my 2016 Bandit 1250. Yes, I have searched and read all the vibration threads I can find here. I have had it since 211 miles and have about 4,800 on it now. It has had the vibes the whole time I just failed to notice them on the test ride. Adjusting the tps and tb sync have had no effect on the vibrations which are anything above 3k rpm. I even tried syncing the tb's at 3500 rpm and couldn't tell a difference at all. I have loosened the engine mount bolts and re-torqued to spec with the engine supported with a jack. The vibes go away if I pull the clutch in while riding. It vibrates so bad that my wife and son both refuse to ride on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean the vibes go away when you disengage the engine and let it idle while riding at speed?
Does the vibration change with road speed or with engine RPM?
Does the vibe go away when reving engine with clutch DISENGAGED?

Last edited:
Yes, it's smooth as silk when I pull the clutch in while at speed. The vibes are definitely related to rpm not road speed. It starts to vibe right around 3k rpm, doesn't matter if the clutch is disengaged or not.

Last edited:
Does it matter what gear it is in at 3k rpm? say 4th vs 5th what speed is 3k in 6th?
I'm sure you checked chain tension adj.

Chain is good, I've tried running it more on the loose side as well, no difference. It does it in all gears, speed does not seem to be a factor.

Definitely engine vibe. Not anything else.
The engine has a balance shaft (a counter-rotating balancer that cancels out vibes).THAT is where the adjustments are made. A chain drives the balancer off the main crank. Get the thing adjusted at the DEALER!

Last edited:
Thank you Mike, I will try and have them check that out. Hopefully that's what it is. It will be nice to be able to have feeling in my hands and see what's in my mirrors for a change.

CJ, not having ridden your bike it's tough to tell whether it is the bikes operation or your sensitivity. Personally, I have had a number of inline 4 metric bikes. To me they all buzz and can numb my right hand. My three most recent examples are my new 2016 Bandit 1250s, and my Honda's CB1100, and CBR650F, I do believe that my Bandit is the least offensive.

Here is the combination that has worked best for me, and has eliminated any further problem from my Bandit. My first addition to the bikes has been either heavy weight bar ends to replace the stock light ones, or in the case of the bandit, Heavy Throtlemeister throttle lock bar ends. Then I also cover my stock grips with foam "Grip Puppies".

The Throttlemeister is great because it also allows you to take your right hand off the grip as often as you'd like.

Everybody is different, and I can't guarantee your results, but as I've said, on the Bandit, my problem is solved.

I am sensitive to those kinds of things but it's not just me in this case. My wife has ridden it and experienced the same thing. My son refuses to ride with me because it is so bad. I put extra rubber spacers on the exhaust mount to try and isolate the passengers peg, but no luck. I finally dropped it off at the dealer on Friday and asked them about the engine balance shaft. His response has me worried, he told me that he has to take the engine apart just to check it. I did correct him and showed him where it is adjusted. Hopefully they can come up with a solution. I love the bike but, I can't ride it the way it is anymore. Thank you for all the replies so far, this has been a very valuable forum and I appreciate the help.

I've got no immediate solutions for your vibe problems. I owned an '08 1250 for 6 years/33K miles and never had any bad issues with it's vibration. But for additional information this might be another good source for technical advice:

https://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/

I just went through this and I'm afraid the only solution I have for you is a different bike. I was gutted, the B12 was the best bike I ever had. It's a smooth I-4 but not compared to a Blackbird, ZX14 or even well TB-synced FJR. Vibes suck... I don't put up with 'em if I don't have to.

Yeah, I've kinda had those thoughts on the whole situation. I have talked to a couple different shops about it and they did not give me much confidence. It's at a shop now and they are hopefully going to get to it today. We'll see what they have to say, I'm not going to throw a bunch of money at it if it's not something simple.

Heavy rubber mounted bar ends helped the most for me but wasn't enough. I'll be interested to see if the shop thinks it vibrates a lot.

That's what sucks about test rides if you can put the engine under load like going up a canyon. That's when my bandit buzzed the most.

It's not just the bars that vibrate a lot. It's also the seat, all 4 pegs, and the gas tank. Everything I tried made no difference at all. Something is just not right.

My pegs, bars, and tank vibrate. But nothing like the Versys 650, ZX6R, or KLR I had. In fact my tank buzzes so much that the little fuel tank lock cover tab actually makes noise at low rpms. It took me weeks to track that down...LOL.

My Bandit is smooth running. My Tenere vibrates more. There has to be something wrong with yours. I think you need to talk to a Suzuki U.S. rep. The Bandit is a great bike. Your's should be too. Go above the dealer. Some companies have software that searches facebook for complaints. Suzuki may do that too. Only one way to find out.

So, the dealer is extremely busy apparently and has yet to get to my bike. It was supposed to get checked out on Thursday but when I called Friday afternoon they had just put it on the bench and the mechanic that was going to work on it got pulled off for something more important I guess. They say I should hear something by Saturday afternoon... We'll wait and see. Thanks for all the replies so far, and I'll let you know what happens.

Hope they get it sorted out...my '16 Bandit runs smooth with just a very slight buzz in the foot pegs and grips at certain rpms but not enough to really notice or get annoyed by it.

Last edited:
Well... That didn't go very well. When I talked to the dealer this evening they still had not looked at the bike. I have been told three different times it was up next. It was supposedly on the bench yesterday. Service guy did not call back when he said he would a few different times as well. We just decided to go pick it up and be done with them, I don't have the time or patience to deal with a dealer that does not take my bike or me seriously. What are the risks of trying to adjust the counter balancer shaft myself?

Call Suzuki Customer Service and explain your situation. This sounds like a warranty issue. If you start turning wrenches on it you will lose any chance of Suzuki covering the bill. This could get expensive.

You're under warranty? Gonna have to have them look at it. I know it sucks but you gotta do it.

It they decide it's normal...

Huge risk opening the engine without complete knowledge and experience by you or your help. Trade it, that's what I did. Life is too short and riding a motorcycles is worth the loss.

Last edited:
No it's not under warranty. I thought the balancer shaft had an external adjustment? Page 1d-65 in the service manual shows it can be adjusted. I'm probably confused on it, they don't mention vibrations just a noisy balancer gear.

I feel your pain...or vibration if you will.
I ordered a brand new 2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400 in 2007 after test riding a non-ABS model and found it glass smooth. Mine vibrated far more. Kawi did nothing. I tried everything, some C-14's are smooth, some are not.
I believe it simply comes down to a unbalanced motor. In mass production they do not weigh pistons and other reciprocating components, what race engine builders do.
Find out who the regional rep is for Suzuki and contact them directly.

I will add that switching to synthetic on my 16' bandit reduced vibrations and noise, as it did on most my past rides. I'm guessing, you probably tried that already. Just thought if ya didn't, it's gotta be an easy thing to test compared to adjusting an engine balancer.

Back