• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Installed A Voltmeter Today

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III
My Voltmeter showed up yesterday. The cord was shorter than i expected but i knew i had an old gps wiring stashed away. Well i stashed it to good because i couldn't find it so went to ACE Harware bought 4 feet of wiring to make sure i had enough. It comes with Velcro and some bolts and nuts if you want to screw it down. I used some heavy duty velcro i use on everything. Mounted it to my old MotoWerk GPS Mount wired it up to the Admore Wiring Harness that i took off my FJR so its connected to a switched supply. Turn on the bike and everything worked like it should. Did it during the afternoon so it was sunny when i took the photos almost 80 degrees. Also took a photo of in the shade inside the garage. So far i like it...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FYTT99O/?tag=twowhetex-20

33157422872_34ee212212_h.jpg
Voltmeter by weljo2001, on Flickr

33157424122_e5ec4196ac_h.jpg

33157425062_14e8e596ab_h.jpg

33157425582_83976ed867_h.jpg

( Its A Battery Monitor )
Just got back from a ride to test out the meter. I also put a 12V Cigarette Style Voltmeter in the dash. When i switch the bike on it showed all but one green light on. When cranked all lit up and stayed at 100% with the heated grips,gps on and honking the stebel horn. The plug in Voltmeter went down to 12.5v when the heated grips, gps were on and horn was honked. Will keep it because it shows me the battery status when the key is turned on. I have it on a switched line. I should have went for the one like onewizard has thats the one i wanted but you live and learn. Might switch it out later along with the wiring i got from Ace Hardware. Told the guy what i was hooking the monitor up to and showed it to him so he got the right size wire just not the right wire. What he gave me was electrical wire like you would run in a house not a car or bike. But it worked so i'll keep it for now....Next time i go shopping i will have to take my eyeglasses...

29079754494_beb605525c_h.jpg
P1010515 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back