• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Justacruisin

Reaction score
Member for several years.
Rode Harley's for years.
Getting a little older. Bought a 2012 650 Versys.
Live in Ft. Worth during the week, Granbury on most weekends.
Bought a Can-Am Spyder 3 years ago. Not going to fall over.
ENJOY RIDDING.......
Been in the optical business 48 years on Camp Bowie.
If I can help anyone out with ridding glasses, let me know.

If I posted this in the wrong place, someone delete it for me.

Welcome too. I too live in FW, Haltom City. See you around.
Andre

Another problem. Body getting rounder. Legs getting shorter.
I changed out the pegs. Maybe a 1/2 in. lower. Need them lower so I can place both feet flat on the Pavement.

Any suggestions.

Justacruisin,at least trying to.
:giveup:

you know. lowering the pegs is not going to lower the bike.

Last edited:
Been in the optical business 48 years on Camp Bowie.
If I can help anyone out with ridding glasses, let me know.

Welcome.

I just happen to be in the market for some new glasses.

Suggestion: Create a new post in the General Forum with information on what we should be looking for, looking to avoid, etc. I think a LOT of us would be very appreciative of some information we can use when we visit our local optometrist.

Live in Ft. Worth during the week, Granbury on most weekends.

hmmm ... interesting.

I live in Granbury during the week and on 2 wheels anywhere else on the weekends.

Baskins, it looks like you have a Versys in the profile pic. If so, there are a few options for lowering the bike. There are "link kits" that will lower the seat about 1-2 inches. You can also look for something like a lower seat to drop it about 1-2 inches also. Seat Concepts makes a seat that is lower than the factory seat and is about the "cheapest" option.

I have a 2009 Versys and currently I don't mind my seat height, but I wouldn't mind it being a little lower so I may do the seat change at some point.

Either way, welcome to the site.

Back