• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not new, but newly licensed!

Reaction score
First Name
Bonnie
Last Name
Devine
Okay, y'all. I've been a forum user for sometime now (even a monetary supporter), but have yet to get my bike on the road. I have had insurance from day one, but never a license, title or tags.

So I took the written portion of the test today (I took the class from Awesome last December) and made a 100%! :sun:

I'm scheduled to get the inspection on Thursday afternoon (they were out of stickers today) and then head to the tax office for bonded title, etc. I'll be legal before then end of the week! The inspection place is 1.3 miles away via very back roads. Probability of getting stopped by pOlice is .13%.

Pray for sun on Friday so I can ride to work.

bon

:clap: Yeah!

Good hearing from you the other day and looking forward to seeing you again tonight. :rider: I hope we get to ride soon, finally. :mrgreen:

1982 Suzuki GS550L

:sun: I had the 450 version of this bike. I have many fond memories of that bike (and some not so fond... that's the bike that I was in my one and only major accident in).

Enjoy it.

Wayne

Riding is really so different than anything else. Cindy (Chatterbox) two-upped with me for over 25 years. Two years ago she decided to get her license but said, "I'll get it just to have it, but I'll never ride by myself." Well, after I got her little red, an '82 Yamaha Seca 550, she started riding. After about the second or third ride she told me, "Now I know why you love to go riding...". Since that day we have not ridden two-up again.

Your adventure is just beginning...........:rider:

Fantastic, and you got the training to start with :thumb: . Too many (like myself :oops:) just started riding and hoped to survive till we got the skills down. And the bonus of the training class is not having to take the riding portion of the test.

Here's to a dry, safe, Friday.

CRAP! I got in full gear, moved Little Red outside the garage, got her going and saw a FUEL LEAK! I was heading to the service station (1.3 miles routed out) to get an inspection sticker. I'm totally bummed!

MCRyder - So many people have said to drive around the neighborhood or in parking lots and that makes me nuts. When I run long distances, I like to go places and see stuff. Likewise with riding. I can't imagine not going somewhere. So I have had the course and I read the Texas manual and made a 100% on the test, so theoretically I'm an okay rider. We'll see when I can actually get out there!

Spank Daddy - I'm not sure what will happen with Judson, me and our bikes. We may end up not riding 2^, but it is kinda sweet and he feels so manly with me on the back of him. So maybe we'll just do it for romantic occasions. I'll report back!

Shhhhhhh, be very very quiet (in my best Elmer Fud voice). Don't tell anyone, but I think Cindy is in love with someone else, her '93 Nighthawk:eek2:

Romance is long gone once she puts her gear on. I'm a distant memory after that:doh:

So I have had the course and I read the Texas manual and made a 100% on the test, so theoretically I'm an okay rider. We'll see when I can actually get out there!

Just be careful. I suppose a lot of us are in the same boat, that is, where we started out just riding. No course, no nothing. In fact, that's pretty much all I had to do to get my motorcycle license at 15. Just be able to breath and take the test. Since I had to ride the bike to the test, the DPS official waved my riding test! But that was a few years ago... I'm not going to say exactly how many!

Anyhow, those of us in this situation are lucky to be here. It wasn't until I had been riding for a few years that I really understood what riding was all about. After taking 20+ years off from riding, I took the MSF course. While it was easy and I ace'd both the written and driving parts, I still learned a couple of things.

My point is, just be careful. Even those of us who have been riding a while aren't always the perfect rider. We do stupid things at times ourselves (and we slip into bad habits).

Wayne

My point is, just be careful. Even those of us who have been riding a while aren't always the perfect rider. We do stupid things at times ourselves (and we slip into bad habits).

My honey (Restorganize) is on his way home from a 40 day trip up to Prudhoe Bay. He's been riding for 14 years and he still has had a hard time. I'm sure you'll get lots of details when he gets home, but from this end - he's going to be the death of me worrying about him!

I hope to be safe and concienscious on any and all rides.

:)

Back