• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Longview!

Reaction score
Hi,my name is Jim,and I just stopped in to give a small introduction.I am 46 yrs old,and was a pretty fair woods rider from age 8 until about 34. I grew up riding with a father who raced cross country,turkey runs and enduros until his early 40's. In the early 70's,one of the places we used to train was at Gilmer,at what is now the Barnwell mountain recreation area. I am pretty sure its changed a bit since I last rode there. About 10 years ago,I sold all my bikes ( several yamaha IT's and YZ's)and gear,and spent all my time taking my son BMX racing,(Hence the name THEBMXDAD),and getting fat and lazy. Well,he is 15 now,talked me into getting a couple of dual sport's,and here we are. We have DS bikes,mines a DRZ-400-S,his is a china special 200,and we are looking for places to ride,and new friends to ride with. Just remember though,I ain't young and skinny anymore,so am not too interested in any hard-core woods riding,at least not until I get myself back into better shape ,and loose a few(or perhaps,many) pounds! LOL! I think some basic DS type riding,dirt roads,not too challenging trails,you know,getting out riding without beating yourself to death type of stuff for starters. Any ideas where we could go ride would be appreciated. Thanks for your time,and hope to be riding with some of you soon, if the monsoons move out...Jim

Welcome aboard Jim. Spent a few years in Pittsburg just up the way from you (still miss those Hot Links). No idea about where to ride trails as I'm a sport bike guy, but there are sure some nice country back roads out that way!

Welcome to the site :sun: I'm fairly new to the site myself.

One of my husband good friends is from Longview,TX. He's really a nice guy and he is also on this site maybe he will see your post and be able to help you out.

Good luck :rider:

Hey Jim. Good to have you.
Watch the upcoming rides for the monthly get-togethers in our area. Last Thursday we had a couple dozen in Kilgore for meal and BS at The Back Porch. We generally meet the second Thursday evening of the month.
Welcome aboard.

Back