• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'84 Goldwing 1200 Standard, bringing him back to Cowtown

Reaction score
Picked up a 1200 Standard today in Dresden, Ohio. PO (Mike) is a super nice guy. Many boxes of parts included filled up the truck bed. Start home to Texas in the morning. Rode around the block a few times. Wow. These bad boys run very well. Can't wait to start to work cleaning up, polishing and tuning. PO did a lot of heavy maintenance work so the basics are covered.

Attachments

• IMG_4634.JPG
    IMG_4634.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
I haven't been on TWT for many years, But I have still been working on MC's . I also have just purchased a vintage Goldwing for restoration. I bought mine a month ago and almost as far off ( Nebraska). But I took a big chance, and flew up there and rode it 800 miles home. So now I am the proud owner of a 1982 GL 1100.

I haven't been on TWT for many years, But I have still been working on MC's . I also have just purchased a vintage Goldwing for restoration. I bought mine a month ago and almost as far off ( Nebraska). But I took a big chance, and flew up there and rode it 800 miles home. So now I am the proud owner of a 1982 GL 1100.

Wow! Nice deal. Pictures?

This is from the ride home, Off of I35 in Southern Oklahoma.
(Picture on it's way)

Last edited:
I am looking to do a Steam Punk/ Mad Max Touring style. Most of the modified GL's that I have seen have either been Bobbed, café, or Super Bling (lights and Chrome). I want to go distressed metal and brass but with some type of Faring intact. I may loose the top box and have a shorty faring Bagger look. Still thinking it through. But I can't think too long the last time I put a Bike in thinking mode I left it like that. (Picture on the way)

Last edited:
I am looking to do a Steam Punk/ Mad Max Touring style. Most of the modified GL's that I have seen have either been Bobbed, café, or Super Bling (lights and Chrome). I want to go distressed metal and brass but with some type of Faring intact. I may loose the top box and have a shorty faring Bagger look. Still thinking it through. But I can't think too long the last time I put a Bike in thinking mode I left it like that.
DSC_0095%202_zpsk4gvelyr.jpg

Photo bucket doesn't like us posting any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It had been stripped down before I got it.
It's a Interstate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back