• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Windcrest!

emcb97

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Hello!

My name is Eric and I am from Windcrest, a suburb in NE San Antonio. I have a long and disconnected histoy of riding. I started racing a Suzuki PW-50 in 1981 at the ripe age of 6 up in Seattle. After moving to SA in 1983 my Dad sold all the bikes except an old Honda QA-50 that we puttered around our ranch with. In 2002 I caught the road bike bug and got a Yamaha YZF-600. I loved having a bike, but never got comfortable on it. I sold it after my son was born in 2004. I have rented the odd bike here and there and done some rides. In May, my older brother and I got MX bikes. I got a CR-250 R from a friend. It was fun to ride around the ranch and get some off road skills back, but we longed for longer roads and trails. I am activly seeking a 250cc - 650cc duel sport to join my bother on some rides. I look forward to reading, learning, and riding with TWT!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

There are currently two dual sported Yam WR250R's listed in the FS section :trust:

I hope you realize you are stepping onto a slippery slope with dual sport riding :-P

Welcome. I'm originally from San Antonio. Does Windcrest still do the elaborate Christmas decorations?

:welcome:

I used to live across the road from Windcrest in Camelot. That was a looooong time ago.

I grew up in Camelot and moved into WIndcrest as an adult. Yes we still do the decorations. I have seen more than a few organized rides to look at the lights, but plan it early, it gets busy after the 21st.

Back