• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Non liquid Carb sync tool, What is your favorite?

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
I've used a bunch over the years,, Homemade, mercury filled, non mercury filled, analog vac gauge based..

What do you have now that you find easy, accurate, low setup, and quick to use.

Price is not an object so much as meeting the needs above.

Thanks

I've got one at home that I'll have to look at to remember the brand and model. I'm really leaving this comment so the thread shows up when I check later. Then I'll remember to check the thing.

I have had several through the years ranging from various homemade to the newer vacuum gauge, Twin Max, and CarbTune. I sold all and keep the CarbTune
http://www.carbtune.com/

So $110 with a pouch.

I like the metal rod vice liquid for sure.. Though reviews from 2007 (an older version I think) had issues with fluttering and inability to get accurate readings below 5mmHG.
What is your experience and what version do you have? Carb Tune, Carb Tune II, Carb Tune Pro?

Thanks

I currently have a Motion Pro, and while it is easy to use and works great..
It needs to be cleaned and new fluid installed about twice or more a year (heat dries up the fluid) Thats a deal breaker. as it is time consuming and always needs it at the wrong time, refills are cheap at $7 though and I keep a few on hand.
The oder version from MP used Mercury.It was very stable, accurate and no maintenance needed... but alas I dropped it one day, Mercury went all over, and the replacement sent was this viscous liquid stuff that works but is crap overall.

I have a Older TwinMax I bought when they first came out.. Not impressed, though maybe a newer one is better (improved?)

So $110 with a pouch.

I like the metal rod vice liquid for sure.. Though reviews from 2007 (an older version I think) had issues with fluttering and inability to get accurate readings below 5mmHG.
What is your experience and what version do you have? Carb Tune, Carb Tune II, Carb Tune Pro?

Thanks

I currently have a Motion Pro, and while it is easy to use and works great..
It needs to be cleaned and new fluid installed about twice or more a year (heat dries up the fluid) Thats a deal breaker. as it is time consuming and always needs it at the wrong time, refills are cheap at $7 though and I keep a few on hand.
The oder version from MP used Mercury.It was very stable, accurate and no maintenance needed... but alas I dropped it one day, Mercury went all over, and the replacement sent was this viscous liquid stuff that works but is crap overall.

I have a Older TwinMax I bought when they first came out.. Not impressed, though maybe a newer one is better (improved?)
I have the CarbTune Pro and with the resistors in line I have not seen any fluttering at all. I tried two Twin Max...seem to work ok when new but always fluttery in my book even with fresh battery. You are welcome to try mine...you ain't far...Rode through Kempner last weekend:chug:

I have a very old but stone reliable Suzuki sync tool. It uses glass tubes with a steel ball inside each tube, easy to calibrate. It does require more RPM's than idle to get the balls floating high enough to measure. Dont know if it could still be purchased, kind of doubt it but maybe used on EBAY!

Carbtune Pro for me as well. I don't have experience with others, I just went ahead and shelled out for this one.

Back