• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider needs help in Amarillo

If bikes could talk;

Harley Road Glide - "oh, oh, help, I've lost a bolt, stop, stop, pull over, call triple AAA, take me to my dealer!"

XR400R - "get back on and ride you coward, it's only a flesh wound!"

South of Dallas? You are geographically challenged, need help like the boltless Harley rider. Maybe you have a Hardly Ableson in your garage also? Lol

PS: and your signature is wrong! You're still a troublemaker hahaha

_
Would this be more geographically to your liking? (Just to ruffle people's feathers, here's Depeche Mode's version.:mrgreen:)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVE2oDSAOPo"]Depeche Mode - Route 66 - unofficial music video - YouTube[/ame]

I live near Amarillo and replied on ADV. I'm working in Dallas right now, so I passed along some information about alternatives.

South of Dallas? You are geographically challenged, need help like the boltless Harley rider. Maybe you have a Hardly Ableson in your garage also? Lol

PS: and your signature is wrong! You're still a troublemaker hahaha

_
I know where it is you big dummy. I just like the song. Who the **** is the troublemaker now

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Would this be more geographically to your liking? (Just to ruffle people's feathers, here's Depeche Mode's version...

Bingo! spot on! I like it. And no ruffling feathers here, Depeche Mode has always been a favorite of mine, although that song from them really sucks. Must have been the 25 years I spent in Cali.

_

I live near Amarillo and replied on ADV. I'm working in Dallas right now, so I passed along some information about alternatives.

I'm glad someone nearby was willing to do some thing to help other than lampoon the rider.

I know where it is you big dummy. I just like the song. Who the **** is the troublemaker now

Haha because I learned how from you! I used to be a mellow, soft spoken, kindhearted guy and always typed nice. Hanging around you turned me into an internet antagonizing/troublemaking bully. Lol

_

i-jGqPNHq-L.jpg

Seems like they've been given multiple options. If they're not stuck in the middle of nowhere, take it to a shop, get it fixed, and get on with the trip.

I'm glad someone nearby was willing to do some thing to help other than lampoon the rider.

Actually they got some pretty sound advice from myself and other more experienced HD folks but chose to err on the side of caution. Seems like a hardware store was all they needed but weren't prepared to take that risk.

C'est la vie.

you guys are just terrible.... :sun:

But in your defense... its just 1 header bolt. He's got another one... Unless it backed out of the gasket, it'll be fine to ride to any number of shops for a quick repair.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2-9taZEvM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2-9taZEvM[/ame]

Last edited:
Back