• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saddlebag and exhaust questions

Reaction score
So I'm finally getting around to messing with some of the stuff on my bike (2003 Honda Shadow 750 spirit).

These are Willie and Max bags, just for clarification.

So apparently the previous owner had one if the stitches that holds the left side saddlebag come apart (the part that zips onto the middle piece, so that it can zip away from the other), and Zip tied it to the rack itself. I have no clue how to install it properly (first cruiser), and the precious owner obviously didn't either because the other side is zip tied on as well.

Also, what is a good leather cleaner and shining compound that I can use? These need some attention.

Also, my exhaust is popping on decel. The previous previous owner removed the baffles, and apparently lost them. Could that be causing the pop? I'm
Hoping to order another set next month, it's a little bit too loud at the moment (not to me, but I'm sure the cops wouldn't like it).

Thanks ahead of time!

BigTyler

well, my experience with the leather is if it's too far gone, there is no bringing it back. but get some saddle soap and lots of elbow grease and see what happens. unless you really use the bags alot, my opinion is the shadow looks much nicer without them, maybe find a tailbag to use for day trips. as far as the popping, yes, it's because of no baffles. lots of people put cobra pipes on those, and even with the baffles, they still pop.

Willie and Max bags are generally not leather, they're synthetic. Post a pic of the offending problem, please.

The popping on decel will continue until you find baffles.

I got some leather shine and they look much better now, good enough for me anyway (I ride this bike every day and I live on a dirt road, so I can't be TOO picky)

Back