• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - Panasonic 42" Plasma TV - $100

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
I bought my wife a 50" TV as an early Christmas present. Now I have one too many TVs in the house.

I have a Panasonic 42" Plasma for sale. It has the usual goodies:
- 2 HDMI ports, including one ARC (Audio Return Channel) for connecting to your sound system.
- USB port, SD-card slot, 5-plug component inputs, S-video, and the usual RCA connections.

Nothing wrong with it. Works great, has a great picture. My wife just wanted a bigger screen.

$100 cash takes it home. Otherwise, it becomes a donation to a church.

Attachments

• TV3.jpg
    TV3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 115
  • TV2.jpg
    TV2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 122
  • tv1.jpg
    tv1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Re: FS - Panasonic 42" Plasma TV - $100

Oh this is tempting. Panasonic is known for their plasmas and I have a 50" that I love. Panasonic also no longer makes plasmas due to poor early models that caused the image of plasma to be tarnished even though later models were superior to the more popular LCD.

No such problems with this one; otherwise it would have been gone a long time ago.

I have a 42" plasma mounted in our bedroom that's been there 12 years and that will never die. I need it to die so I have an excuse to put in a bigger smart TV.

Joking aside it's been an awesome TV with zero issues. You're would make a great garage TV.

Yeah, I have a slightly newer LG 42" sitting in the master bedroom, plus a 30" in my mother's room that is never used. Short of kicking in the screen, you can't kill these things. Right now, the Panasonic is taking up space on the dining room floor, and we have house guests coming for Christmas. Somebody gets a Black Friday deal, or it gets donated to the church or to Arlington Life Shelter.

It should go without saying that I'll plug it in and let any prospective buyer see it operate.

I'd pick it up, but then it'd be sitting on MY dining room floor.

SOLD! To the gentleman who needs a new floor decoration for his dining room. :lol2:

Nah, my son is lucking out. He's got a tiny TV in his room with one input and has to swap HDMI cables. He's asked for a new TV for Christmas but he's got an expensive surprise coming his way that he doesn't even know is coming so it was going to be no TV this year. Consequently, my garage will now have a tiny TV with one HDMI input. :D

At the risk of losing a sale, I'll point out that if the ONLY reason you're buying it is for the extra HDMI plug, there's a cheaper way to do that - buy an HDMI switch from Amazon.

By the way, I have some spare HDMI cables since I just upgraded to 4K, so I was planning on tossing one in. Also, of course, the Panasonic remote and manual.

HDMI switch doesn't play well with a Roku, it's in the many reviews, and I even ordered one just because I didn't believe the reviews, and got to see for myself. He's complaining about the tiny TV anyway so he'll be happy and now I'll have a TV for the garage, so there's a lot of win here.

Back