• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy everyone

BeemerDude

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all! My good buddy Vessmech turned me onto this site..and I must say that, from what I have read thus far...you are the friendliest, most dedicated (dedicatedest?!), most inclusive bunch of motorcycle enthusiasts I have ever seen. I am impressed. And of course, your outpouring of support for the family of Mark Eggers showed me what y'all are really made of. I would be proud to be a part of your..uh...group?!

So, here I am, BMW Cruiser (eek!) and all. I'll look forward to riding with many of you and getting to know you in the days to come.

Cheers,

Ron Jenson
2002 BMW R1200C Toscana Green
(Yertl the Turtle)

First off welcome to the site. The admin. Scott is a great guy and a **** of a rider. I think he knows every good road in Texas <butt kissing off> :wink: :P If you can get in on one of his group rides they are a blast. He carries a good pace (can be spirted at times) :angel: , but always sensible. NW Houston? I'm out by 290 / Meuske(sp?) if your close we will have to hook-up sometime for a ride up through the forest or something. Anyway welcome aboard :chug:

Howdy Ron,

:tab Thanks for the glowing compliments! Welcome to the site. Hopefully you might be able to make it to some of the bike nights. Cruisers are fine. One of my favorite riding buddies for Arkansas/Missouri rides a Virago 1100 ;-) It's not what you ride, it's your attitude hehe.

Adios,

Yeah, like a good friend of mine, a rider for many years, what matters is that we are all in two wheels, and that we respect every person's personal tastes (I think your Beemer is an awesome bike by the way).

And he rides a H-D Road King :shock:

O.k., Scott, now that I know you're both an engineer AND a lawyer (visions of the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other) I can only imagine that both sides of your brain cancel each other out!! Now I know why you ride...to maintain your sanity!!!!

I'm an engineer and musician (pipe organ)...that's nearly as bad!!

And cruiser or no cruiser....if I can keep up with those 60-somethings Beemerheads on their K12LTs, K12RSs, GSs, and RTs...I spose I can keep up with y'all (trust me, those old *******s COOK when they ride)!!

Really looking forward to riding with y'all!!!

Heya Ron!

Welcome to the site. I too am a newb to this board. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful.

By the way.... this is Travis (red Suzuki Bandit), friend of Laura's (Triumph Bonneville). Did you get the ABS fixed on the cruiser? I remember you had to cut short a ride we were on out Bellville/Fayetteville way.

Ah Ha.... :lol:

Travis of the red Suzuki Bandit - This is Darrell (Orange Triumph Sprint RS) also friend of Laura's. Been twisting the throttle racing any other bikes this side of Bellville lately? :twisted:

We've been on some rides since then and haven't heard from you. The group was out at Britisth USA this Saturday for the demo day on the Triumphs. I think we almost have Laura convinced to buy a Speed Four!

I can add your email to our distribution for the next group ride.

You'll enjoy this board....lots of information and friendly people.

Howdy Travis. Yeah...got the ABS fixed o.k. Just 30 minutes hooked up to the MoDiTec (BMWese for computer, I guess) and $35 later I was on my way. Apparently BMW's ABS system is sensitive to little things like dropping your bike!!! Anyway, wish I could have ridden with you guys that day instead of slogging along by meself to the BMW dealer...butcha gotta do wutcha gotta do!!

Oh, and welcome to the board. Great place and nice people. True bikers, actually (NOT poseurs!).

Heya Darrell - glad to see you here too. Absolutely add me to your email list. See ya both around :-).

Back