• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sargent seats anyone?

Ash

Reaction score
I am looking for a aftermarket seat to fit my '01 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. Mustang seats does not do that bike & referred me to Sargent and said they do good work.
I contacted Sargent and they said they can help, just mail them the seat off my bike. However, they are several weeks backlogged plus for a "non-traditional" bike they have extra set-up fees.
This is my only bike, so it's the only seat my butts' known.
My question is, have any of ya'll used Sargent seats before?
If so, how different was it from the stock seat? Are they comparable to comfort/quality of a Corbin or Mustang?
Is it worth it?
Thanks for any opinions,
Ash

Ash said:
My question is, have any of ya'll used Sargent seats before?
If so, how different was it from the stock seat? Are they comparable to comfort/quality of a Corbin or Mustang?
Is it worth it?

Had a Sargent "Basketweave" on my R1100RT that came with the bike, both my wife and I were very pleased with it. Their prices seem really competitive too. As for Corbin, the word is their customer service is the worst in the business and they are not as good/comfy as they used to be.

My two centavos,

BTW, if looks are not more important that comfort to you, I recommend trying an Airhawk cushion, it works wonders when used properly ;-) and you can take it with you to any bike (trade often?) or even on long car trips. Now that I have this, I'd never consider changing a bike seat, I just put my Airhawk on it ;-)

The air flowing through the outside of the air bubbles makes for a cooler seat in the summer :lol:

d-cruiserseatmd.jpg

http://www.rohoinc.com/recreational/products.jsp

I delt with Sargent when I was considering a custom seat for the NX. I can tell you they are really nice guys who'll bend over backwards for you. I ended keeping the stock seat, but if I do need a seat in the future I'll be going to them first.

Thanks for the replies. :-D
I think the seat sounds like a good deal but it sure will be hard to give the seat away for weeks if we have more gorgeous days like today!

That Airhawk idea sounds very do-able too. Decisions!
Muchas Gracias!
Ashley

You might consider buying a less than perfect seat on ebay, then sending that to Sargent to be redone. That way you still have your current seat while you wait, and for whatever reason in the future...

Sleepy Weasel said:
There is no unoffensive comment that comes to mind when I see that seat. :-|
I'm actually considering sniping it in the next day or two. Since it has all the mounting hardware I think it will go for at least $50.

Seat

I've never owned a Sargent or Corbin seat but I've heard that Sargeant is a very good seat. I don't think I would buy a Corbin though. I have a friend that had some less-than-customer-friendly dealings with Mike Corbin. Corbin also started using a liquid expanding foam a few years ago. This stuff tends to set up quite hard IMO.

Back