• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spring fever

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I was out and about today, it's been a long time since I've seen so many bikes out. All kinds of disciplines enjoying the weather.

Went by SHNF eastside trailhead, lot was full, next vehicle probably had to park along the road. Sterling Ranch, a private off-road park wasn't full yet but had a very good turnout! Good to see everyone enjoying their weekend!!!!:rider:

Ya, I saw bikes everywhere today. A couple of bikes got hit by a car on the edge of town. Car pulled out in front of them. Riders were CareFlighted out. No other info yet.

Ya, I saw bikes everywhere today. A couple of bikes got hit by a car on the edge of town. Car pulled out in front of them. Riders were CareFlighted out. No other info yet.

Sorry to hear that, that's not a good weekend. A Bandito's member went down getting off I45 in New Waverly. No word on what happened but he was flown out too.

We hit a record high for February in the panhandle today, 90f. Little windy, but took the GSA out for about 50 miles of sandy road ( practice, practice). Saw lots of bikes on the highways around. Supposed to be high of 36f tomorrow, and snow tomorrow night and Monday and Tuesday.

Depending on which weather forecast you listen to; .5 to 3.5 inches of snow. Yuck! Got TKC80s on. Wonder how they would do?

Went dual-sporting with JeffS today. It was cool early in the morning but warmed up nicely to the mid-80s by ten o'clock. We did manage to pass a large field packed with 50 to 60 ostrich's. They ran up to the fence. I had to tell Jeff they were not over-sized chickens.

:lol2:

The ostrich farm is located near Bend, Texas.

RB

Hit the LBJ grasslands and met up with a few bikers and tagged along. Saw lots of bikes out on the road.
It was a great day to ride, even for this fat power ranger.

Just finished cutting off the front frame of a VW trike I was given last weekend and started back with the new rails, that allow more ground clearance.

20170204_125737_zps6tzg9esn.jpg

20170211_181800_zpsqvy4negg.jpg

It was not like I was looking for one of these, but for free they can be a blast.

Snow???? wow

Funny you say that.... My facebook feed had a picture I took leaving the LTR race in 2011 or 2012. I had previously been warm that week. Cold front blew in just in time for race weekend. I worked that race, but it started sleeting mildly at key time. I have rather been riding... our check was cold and windy.
By the time we were out sweeping to course it was maybe 2 inches or so. The long course guys were coming in pretty cold :eek2: Traction was actually pretty good and my 450 was down so I riding my wife's 125exc. The soil was pretty perfect as long as you weren't leading (the trail was covered if you were). Following about 5 or 6 bikes made it pretty fun.

Back