• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

instead of another bike, hearing aids...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

TWT,

Instead of buying another bike, or some trade, instead I invested in high end digital hearing aids. I have had them about ten days. All I can say is: wow.
Benefits include hearing very well in loud restaurants. I even "won" a discussion with my wife last week while out to dinner. Music is open and shimmery again. TV and movies are clear. Birds singing in trees come through loud and beautiful.

No more struggles trying to understand words and messages and meanings at the same time. And, my brain is happier.

Took me a couple days to adjust, but now I do not notice they hang back of my ears and the little ear buds give no issues. Have to be careful scratching my ears. Same with rain--keep them dry, etc and I take them out for workouts, bicycle rides and motorcycle rides.

Bluetooth synch to my IPhone means phone calls automatically broadcast to the hearing aids, so will music. And I can monitor battery level and adjust gain easily with my phone visual controls. Doctor adjusts them with her computer and is slowly morphing the gain curves. Lovely technology.

So, a great investment! I urge others, who like myself ---may have delayed for years-- GO have a Dr. Audiologist examine your hearing (wax???), and get a modern exam for hearing loss: go do it!

No more huh and what?

I could have bought a nice used dual sport motorcycle for the cost of these two little gizmos. But, to me, the hearing aids are a far better spending choice and investment in my health. I may be more social now since the hearing struggle has been resolved.

What kind did you get?

Oticon OPN 1, made in Denmark. Supposed to be excellent at dealing with background noise, and general fast digital processing and tuning. Very well built.
3 year unlimited warranty, and free maintenance and batteries.

And you hear your 'noises' in the bathroom. too!
I got mine after having been in the hospital, and BCBS covered the entire cost of them that year.
ACA, thank you!

Nice to hear someone taking good care of himself. We should all follow such an example, but we don't.

Back