• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone own an AFX FX 140?

Reaction score
Helmet is making my short list of helmets to replace my Bilt, but I can't find anyone local who sells them. Anyone on here have one by any chance that could offer me their opinion of it?

Well, I don't have a 140 but I do have a FX-100 and my feeling on it is it's a great bang for the buck helmet. I see the FX-140 being the same way. It's got that interesting Euro styling to it, kinda like a Nolan. The liner is kinda basic but serviceable, especially for what you are paying for it. The whole chin bar mechanism is the only thing I would wonder about. This one goes ALL THE WAY BACK so you can ride it like an open face helmet. Cool in concept, but I would look at the mechanism and make sure it would hold up over time. Also check and make sure that the Sun visor is going to go down far enough to be effective. This one looks a little short to me. Either way it's going to perform better than the Bilt I'm sure. I really like my FX-100. The FX-100 flows a bit too much air though to wear in winter. I don't really see that as being a problem with the FX-140, should be OK.

So, would I put the FX-140 anywhere near a Shoei Neotech? No way. I have one and short of a C3 Pro I wouldn't wear anything else in the modular realm. But this FX-140 helmet has both the DOT and ECE ratings just like my FX-100 and I think it will deliver good value for the price. Just my opinion, of course!

And I would not just order one online; if you can, go try one on and check it out. Helmets are the one thing I absolutely will not buy online without knowing what I'm getting first. I go to the shop, see it, touch it, try it on, etc. I also like supporting the local shops whenever I can. Again, that's just me, but I like keeping the money at home if ya know what I mean! Good luck.

Back