• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about the nose cancer.

I like to use titanium dioxide on my face when outside for an extended period. It is the heavy white cream that life guards use on their face. With a full face helmet the nose is always exposed. One good dab of the stuff protects all day.

Heal up quick!

RB

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about the nose cancer.

I like to use titanium dioxide on my face when outside for an extended period. It is the heavy white cream that life guards use on their face. With a full face helmet the nose is always exposed. One good dab of the stuff protects all day.

Heal up quick!

RB

Thanks.

Re: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

I'm the lone contingent at Billy's today (and caged it). I'll have a good conversation with myself until I bring up religion or politics then I'll hate myself for breaking the rules and will throw myself out of the joint.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Just me and my tea.
cd3fa63adbfdcbcf0901d2720b6bb7d7.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

It was about 10 to noon before another customer came in. Some days are hopping busy and a rare day it's lonesome.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I didn't go to Billy's today for lunch, instead met with Jerry (a.k.a. Jerry) and we had lunch in Elgin. We didn't talk about motorcycles but did mention some cars and a tractor.

Good to see some of the regular folks today. Jeff shared stories about his recent extended Versys trip to New Mexico. I also went by Cycle Gear to purchase an oil and filter. The store has just undergone a major expansion. There are many more choices now for riding gear and equipment.

While at Cycle Gear, I ran into Barry Jucha (EMT). He is well known in the area for selling a wide array of Ram-Mounts, LED lights for motorcycles, cars and boats. His web site is at: http://mountinginnovations.com/.

I visited the Cycle Gear in San Diego, CA, once and it was great. All the name brands were there, you weren't forced to look in dark corners for anything other than the house brand. I quit going to CG here in Austin.

Lunch at Billy's on Thursdays. Now I can't be accused of hijacking the thread.

I visited the Cycle Gear in San Diego, CA, once and it was great. All the name brands were there, you weren't forced to look in dark corners for anything other than the house brand. I quit going to CG here in Austin.

The private label Cycle gear items that permeate their retail stores like BiLT, Sedici, or Frank Thomas are cheap and tend to not last long. I think the new management is open to carrying other product lines of higher quality. :)

Interesting that Revzilla, the online merchant, is now associated with Cycle Gear. J.W. Childs (the private equity firm that owns Cycle Gear) which formed a new holding company that now owns both Cycle Gear and RevZilla.

It is going to drop 5-8 degrees after next weekend..at least for a few days.

:clap:

RB

Prolly out. Still getting over heartburn from last week's meal..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Prolly in for today. Slept late. Will cage it as I have to pick up dog food (two 30-40 lb bags) on the way home. Still in my jammies, need to get dressed.

Gee, the last post here was myself on August 31st. Last week our plane to San Diego was supposed to depart at 11:25am so didn't go to lunch at Billy's. Southwest ended up delaying our flight until about 4:30pm so coulda actually gone to Billy's. Yeah, five hours. They said it was foggy in Chicago where our plane originated from. Looking at the FAA website there were no delays in Chicago.

I'll be in for Billy's today the third Thursday of September (and 3 weeks after the last post). Even if I'm the only one. Will be riding the Suzuki as it's more funner (put 100 miles on it Wednesday).

Last edited:
Using my weather skills and our WSI guy here at work, it was at worst MVFR at both MDW and ORD. Looked COSPA data from the 31st and there were thunderstorms to the south but nothing that should have impacted departures. Maybe reroutes over the Dallas area but that's pretty normal. I am wondering where your aircraft was before it left MDW or was it an originator from MDW that morning? If it was turning at MDW that morning and came in from an airport with weather problems...???

Back