• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake DS ride log

Okay, here's how ya do it:

CREATE A FILE WITH THE LOOP
1) assume you have the route/loop in a list folder separate from every other route or loop you have.
2) click on the list folder,
3) under the "File" menu option choose "Export"
4) then in the pop up choose the Export (the name of the folder) ...
5) In the "save file" popup, choose where you want the file. You might go with the .gpx file so it is universal for any device.

Once you have created the file, you create or edit a post (make sure you are in Go Advanced mode), then down below the post, select the file to the post.

Hope this helps. Worst case, send it to me and I will post.

Ok, thanks, Joe. Let's see if this works:

Attachments

• SETX200.gpx
    386.7 KB · Views: 281
  • SETX200.gdb
    173.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
We can meet/park at the Kountze Intermediate School in their front parking lot, corner of 69 and W. Vaughn:

https://goo.gl/maps/Y1uMFJpsqcw

I already called and confirmed with them that it would be ok. See y'all there!

I'm trying to work out the logistics now. BTW, I downloaded the gpx file using Osmand. Rendering problem, anyone else have an issue with it? Man, that's a 400+mile day in the saddle.

Last edited:
I'm trying to work out the logistics now. BTW, I downloaded the gpx file using Osmand. Rendering problem, anyone else have an issue with it? Man, that's a 400+mile day in the saddle.

I've never even heard of Osmand, so I'm no help at all; sorry. I'm no GPS guy at all either, so deep sand might not all we'll be in, lol.
I'd offer you a ride up with me, but I'm picking up Matt so my truck will be full; again, sorry. Good news though is that it should be good weather, and good food :sun: :rider: :eat:

They both worked from me, Rob.

Great, and thanks for the "mobile tutoring" today (called Joe during the day for help posting up my route links, and he talked me through it while he was riding). Can't ask for more than that, huh? :thumb:

I've never even heard of Osmand, so I'm no help at all; sorry. I'm no GPS guy at all either, so deep sand might not all we'll be in, lol.
I'd offer you a ride up with me, but I'm picking up Matt so my truck will be full; again, sorry. Good news though is that it should be good weather, and good food :sun: :rider: :eat:
Yes Sir, it looks like it's going to be one of

those rare perfect days we get for riding. Too bad I won't be there. The wife's plane got in late and I've run out of time to get my ducks in a row. Ya'll be safe and post lots of pics. Oh, and tell Joel to watch out for deer. He'll remember.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I know what you mean about logistics. I missed out on this one also. The loop is 200 miles, so you must be including riding round trip from your place?

I know what you mean about logistics. I missed out on this one also. The loop is 200 miles, so you must be including riding round trip from your place?
Yes Sir.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Time for new boots
8cba2188b044d81c75640bff9a2cd151.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

10 and didn't have any

Is anyone gonna post up some pictures or stories from today's ride? Don't leave us hangin'

The group:

gnSKejO.jpg

Matt, Jay, Doug, Joel, Jesus.. and the camera man.

Last edited by a moderator:
The journey:

Like I said, it looks like it was a perfect day to ride. Sorry I missed it. Funny thing, I got called in for six hours of emergency OT.

Time for new boots
8cba2188b044d81c75640bff9a2cd151.jpg

There's a company called "Factory Resole" that could fix those for you a lot cheaper than new boots. I sent them a pair of old High Points and they resoled them and fixed a couple of tears in the leather. Just a resole is around $85. Google "factory resole" and it should come up first choice. They say 2 day turn around but you do have to ship to California.

Last edited:
There's a company called "Factory Resole" that could fix those for you a lot cheaper than new boots. I sent them a pair of old High Points and they resoled them and fixed a couple of tears in the leather. Just a resole is around $85. Google "factory resole" and it should come up first choice. They say 2 day turn around but you do have to ship to California.

Jay looks like the soles are the least of his worries. That is the plastic disintegrating, no saving those boots.

Several of us were going to go up to Arkansas and take part in Scotty's Arkansas 500 ride this weekend, but the weather looked too bad to try. They had a freak cold front come through, and forecast showed 100% chance of freezing rain, so we decided last minute to do the 'ol ET450. Turned out to be perfect timing, as it had rained up there a couple days before, and the roads were just wet enough for great traction. Well, the dirt ones were anyway. The hard packed, white gravel ones... not so much:

Back