• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas Camp Out - LBJ Grasslands (by Decatur) Friday March 2, Dirty Ride on Satu

Hit the grasslands, Gary wanted to see how far his bike could fly, I tried to get a pic before they picked up...

8acdbc6369a762d631623acf0cfe051b.jpg

Ran into some old friends

13d03cf3cabe982f9154d6afd01ca044.jpg

This is the route we followed, 1/2 dirt half single lane paved goat paths

ea0b9a847f3c59d5cd33c57d0523dda3.jpg

At about where #4 is above, I stopped to wait for everyone. Aaron pulled up behind me, when everyone got there I took off. Aaron went about 10 feet and went down so hard he rolled across the road. I did not see it happen, but Gary told me on the comm Aaron went down.

His front wheel ended up in one rut and the rear wheel I. The other rut. When the bike tries to straighten out it will toss the opposite side of the first tire that hits their respective rut. This slammed Aaron hard to the clutch side of bike.

Aaron took it all in stride with a great attitude and tough as nails grit!

eb16e30b2e3d4032c5aa398b73912d3c.jpg

0a181731754a050ffb74c0fe8e79912c.jpg

Roadside doctoring...

8eab19738b218e8ed0cc319d9c42dec1.jpg

A pick up came by and he volunteered to take Aaron to hospital. Super nice guy! Gordon rode back to decatur to have wife drive him back out to pick up bike.

We got to Herd burger at about 1:30. Ride some more dirt and paved goat paths.

Great roads, great weather, great people and great bikes!

Really enjoyed meeting you guys. I would say it was a perfect day on the bike although I wish the adventure had not included the expense of Aaron breaking his arm. Wow, he took that well. He almost seemed happy through the whole process. No whining from this guy or anyone else for that matter. My kind of people. And thanks Kevin for turning me on to a Herd burger.:eat: Thanks for sharing the pictures also. Perhaps I will get my ducks in line for camping next time.

I hope you guys plan on another trip in the near future! I know the grasslands well and have a few places that I know are great camping spots.

Sorry to hear about the broken bones and "detours".

Back