• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Tour of Forts - March 23-25

Brad I need you to hurry up and heal so you can teach me how to ride my new bike......

cb5e019ffbdf3e6e873775c75b1061ee.jpg

Yeppers, that looks like the Paluxy. I went down on that very spot. Ride through the rocks on the down stream side. That's how I go through there now ! ! !

Yeppers, that looks like the Paluxy. I went down on that very spot. Ride through the rocks on the down stream side. That's how I go through there now ! ! !

I was there. I think you were headed the other direction. And your pannier popped off. Yes, the rocky ledge on the down stream side is less slick and the smart line most days.

Turned the Boulevard over on one ride in the Paluxy, closer to where the upright bike is positioned. Real slick. Rode the bike back across on the up stream side where it looks clear. Cut my elbo to the bone. Bled a little all the way back to M Wells. Then an ER visit to clean out the cut. The next week, I bought a riding jacket with the pads. After I went down, no one else wanted try it. Saved themselves about 300.00.

Brad, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I hope you heal well. My wife is currently recovering from an extensive back surgery and I know it's no fun.

This looks like a 3 year journey...and I am plenty tired of it. I will know more next Tuesday, post op check up. I may hold on to the 690 for awhile..just in case I can still ride it.

I will post up every now and then.

I also had a spill on the Paluxy & wasn’t even riding my scooter. I was climbing the big rocks with the grandkids at the park in downtown Glen Rose. Fell, hit my head, bobo(grandkid talk). EMS checked me out & said I will survive.

Maximus, still got a bunk or porch to put little cot on? I cannot sleep on the floor anymore.
Andre

O yes, will a Harley dresser be ok or is this Triumph time?

Maximus, still got a bunk or porch to put little cot on? I cannot sleep on the floor anymore.
Andre
O yes, will a Harley dresser be ok or is this Triumph time?

Yes, there's great spots available for cots. I have a coupla couches also.

Definitely Triumph time. The ranch has been designated a Harley-Free Zone.

Last edited:
Yes, there's great spots available for cots. I have a coupla couches also.

Definitely Triumph time. The ranch has been designated a Harley-Free Zone.
Really looking forward to this ride. I've been wanting to check out old cavalry forts since I saw my first John Wayne/John Ford movie. Been a Texan since 1962 and have really only scratched the surface.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I'm having bike issues.
The potential fix (finger's crossed) isn't expected to arrive until Monday.

So, I'm going to have to pass on this one.

Nope, the painful "My rear is flatulant" problem.

While not mocking your pain, I think the spark plug guy is definitely in more pain. He's going to be without that bike for several weeks as the dealer's mechanic rebuilds that engine. Probably get it back just in time for 100º days. :-?

I've never used the Mitas tires, but the tires I use don't have the hairs anywhere near the bead like that.

1 of my many character flaws is the inability to wait on people. It's a medical condition. My doctor has prescribed pills for it, but they hadn't kicked in yet. If you see me putting on my helmet, you have about 2 minutes to get ready. We will go over the route for Sat on Friday night. We will need to maintain a good pace to make it around on Sat, so be prepared to move. We will stop for 30-45 minutes at each fort except Chadbourne, which may take an hour or longer.

Also, do not ride fast on the dirt roads. There are farmers, ranchers, oilfield people, cows, horses, hogs, & various other potential anomolies out here, just waiting to pull out in front of someone, or run them over. Caution & reasonable speed are in order.

"Friday, meet up is at 1:30 in Jacksboro @ Herds Burger, then tour nearby Fort Richardson. From there, we'll take (as close as possible) the old route to Fort Belknap. After a quick visit there, & stopping to eat in the metropolis that is Eliasville, it's more backroads to my place for evening for camping."

MF, can you drop a pin or post up your ranch location? I have a meeting Friday, will leave as soon as it's over but I won't be in time to meet you guys by 1:30 in Jacksboro at Herds Burger. Bringing camping equipment and will set up camp while you guys are out riding Friday.

Last edited:
Back