• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Re: Thursday North Austin Lunch M&G

Now, now now.......

Get it right. It's:

elbow elbow
wrist wrist
from the heart
throw a kiss

(for those not there, picture a beauty queen on top of a float doing the hand wave thing.... you get the idea)

Now, now now.......

Get it right. It's:

elbow elbow
wrist wrist
from the heart
throw a kiss

(for those not there, picture a beauty queen on top of a float doing the hand wave thing.... you get the idea)

Yes, it was quite the spectacle. :shock:

Sorry I missed most of you...was a little late getting there. Thanks to Mic and Scott for sticking around a bit. I enjoyed it.

Regards,

Davy

+2 on leaving early. It would have been more productive to have stayed. didn't get much done at the office.

Enough..... ;-)

Background:
I participate in a lot of parades with my historic military jeep. There's also a lot of small-town floats with the various beauty pagent gals sitting atop of the floats. We in our jeeps have always waved back at the parade gals doing their beauty wave sort of to mimic them. One parade we were at, one of the gals yelled at us "you're doing it all wrong..... it's elbow elbow wrist wrist.... and so forth. Ever since then we in the jeep club take the opportunity to wave back at the parade girls saying "elbow elbow wrist wrist......" and they all get a big kick out of it 'cause they were taught that's how you do it. Just sort of funny coming from a bunch of grown men in old military jeeps.

We return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Is everyone pencilling in this Thursday at Billys Burgers, 11:30??????

Nothing special planned, other than to be there with good friends and a burger on what will be another HOT day!

I'm in, I have nothing on my calendar that day.

Wayne

Things are lining up for me to go into the office again on Thursday, so I'll probably be able to make it. Means caging it though, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

hey, I may be able to make this one. Dentist at 9:30, but I should be good to go for 11:30.

It looks like I can make this one. The Son has another court date in Burnet,:doh:, his Mom well go for moral support. I passed.

With the recession eating into my customer base, I guess I'll be there as well. If I can get the roofer's trailer out of my way.

I'm still pencilled in for this one. Just found out I have to be in Cedar Park at 9:45 so I think I can get back down there by 11:30.

I'm in.

i may be there, not sure how much fun sitting outside in 100 degree weather (and then having to go back to work) will be though :giveup:

i may be there, not sure how much fun sitting outside in 100 degree weather (and then having to go back to work) will be though :giveup:

It won't be 100 until later , expect mid to upper 80s. They have ice :trust: bring your sunglasses? There is shade too.

Not enough shade, but we made do. Met some more folks, which was nice. Actually since I work from home, its just nice to talk to real people.

It was great to meet everyone. And thanks again to the person that gave me the earplugs. They have changed my life. I thought they would be a problem because they would make you less aware of the traffic. But they take out the wind noise and still let you hear your engine and traffic. I am completely sold.

Kirby

It was great to meet everyone. And thanks again to the person that gave me the earplugs. They have changed my life. I thought they would be a problem because they would make you less aware of the traffic. But they take out the wind noise and still let you hear your engine and traffic. I am completely sold.

Kirby

You're welcome. ;-)

Funny, I just bought a new pack of ear plugs last night. I keep giving them away and was down to the last pair. I stash them on the bike too.

Nice to meet everyone today. We had a good ride after lunch, despite the heat.

Brian.

Yes, it was hot. I suggest we go a little further next time and find a stream to jump in midway.

Let me know if you guys want to get out and ride in the coming weeks...I still have a little time before going back to work.

Yes, it was hot. I suggest we go a little further next time and find a stream to jump in midway.

Let me know if you guys want to get out and ride in the coming weeks...I still have a little time before going back to work.

it'll have to be couple of weeks after my big trip.. That sounds like fun!

I'm sort of on the fence for today. If I can get the oil/filter/tranny and FD fluid changed first I'll be there.

Back