• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Please tell me $62.16 for April is just something wonky with the monthly auto calculator thing. :(

:tab Okay, I got it updated. April was a little over average. The average is probably around $800-900/month. It really fluctuates. Some months we barely hit $600-700 and some we hit $1100-1200.

:tab Right now we have 15,872 users with active accounts, and of that 160 are currently Forum Supporters. The number of supporters has stayed right around the 150-160 mark from as far back as when we had about 5K users. It has not always been the same people though. Some people will donate for a while, then stop. New people start to donate for a while and then they stop. Some start and stop as circumstances in their lives allow/demand. However, there are some folks that have been donating consistently and continually for a long time. I appreciate ALL of the supporters because they do make continuation of the forum possible :thumb:

:tab Okay, I got it updated. April was a little over average. The average is probably around $800-900/month. It really fluctuates. Some months we barely hit $600-700 and some we hit $1100-1200...

Looks like May is going gang busters also. You're already near your monthly average and today is only the 13th. Possibly not updating the totals had people thinking less money was coming in and spurred some donations as a result. Maybe your daughter is gonna get that new bike after all ;-)

_

I'm sorry, I just don't understand how we can have 15K users and sooooooo few contributors. Come on folks. This is sad. We ALL need to do our part.

Lee

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I just don't understand how we can have 15K users and sooooooo few contributors. Come on folks. This is sad. We ALL need to do our part.

Lee

Why sad Lee? Remember those totals don't include advertising money either. Nobody's getting rich but the site is turning a respectable profit every month thereby ensuring its continuation. Remember this site provides a service but it is a private for profit business.

Not complaining or trying to stir the pot just making sure everyone realizes this. Some rally for donations like TWT is a non profit charity or something. I donate occasionally but I'm not a $60 a year "Forum Supporter". That doesn't mean I'm not doing my part to keep this site alive.

_

:tab We get maybe $150/month from advertising. Donations are by far the main support for the site.

:tab If you consider the time that goes into running the site, I don't know about the "respectable profit" :lol2: But I did not start the site with the goal of making a ton of money. I am fine with people supporting it as they see fit.

I enjoy TWT and have met a lot of really good people. I noted I would donate if I sold my bike on TWT. I sold it to another member and just gave a little back. Thanks.

OK. I'm a faithful TWT supporter. Why can't I post?

jegarh

(jerry) ::confused:

OK. I'm a faithful TWT supporter. Why can't I post?

jegarh

(jerry) ::confused:

You don't have to be a Forum Supporter to post. You only need to be a registered user AND you have to be logged in. However, since you posted the above post, I am not sure why you are asking why you can't post :scratch:

You don't have to be a Forum Supporter to post. You only need to be a registered user AND you have to be logged in. However, since you posted the above post, I am not sure why you are asking why you can't post :scratch:

I got ahead of myself and had a "senior moment". All's well. Thanks for the reply. Now how about Junction....................

I'm a faithful TWT supporter but all of a sudden my name in my avatar has changed and I can't send private messages because it is full. My check goes out the same time every month and now I am cut off. Very frustrating.

I would but I can't because now my PM box is full because I am no longer a forum supporter and the limit reverts back to what a non supporter has. :angryfire

Are you doing the paypal thing? I had issues a while back when I needed to update my secondary card info (or something of the sort).

I'm sure TM will chime in here is a flash.

I'm a faithful TWT supporter but all of a sudden my name in my avatar has changed and I can't send private messages because it is full. My check goes out the same time every month and now I am cut off. Very frustrating.

:tab Sorry about that.

:tab Since you guys don't use Paypal through the forum and a check arrives every month instead, the forum's automated supporter renewal functions don't work on your accounts. So I simply set your accounts as being forum supporters for a year at a time (the max I can do). I just did not realize your current terms expired on 1/6 as I don't get any kind of automated notice that your term is about to expire. However, both of you should have received an automated courtesy email about a week before the 6th letting you know that your current term was about to expire. It has a line in it that says "THIS IS NOT A BILL!". If you see that or miss it and the term expires again next year, just shoot me a PM and I will fix it.

:tab I just set both of your accounts up for another year.

:tab Sorry about that.

:tab Since you guys don't use Paypal through the forum and a check arrives every month instead, the forum's automated supporter renewal functions don't work on your accounts. So I simply set your accounts as being forum supporters for a year at a time (the max I can do). I just did not realize your current terms expired on 1/6 as I don't get any kind of automated notice that your term is about to expire. However, both of you should have received an automated courtesy email about a week before the 6th letting you know that your current term was about to expire. It has a line in it that says "THIS IS NOT A BILL!". If you see that or miss it and the term expires again next year, just shoot me a PM and I will fix it.

:tab I just set both of your accounts up for another year.

Thanks Tourmeister. Looks like I'm back in action. :pirate:

I know there is a place on here where I can see who the big Kahuna is and who the moderators are. I did a quick scan because I'm always in a hurry.....:rider:
But could you either tell me or show me........please!

I'm new here but really like what I see so far and the members are top notch as well. This is a really good forum compared to some others and I'm not ragging on anyone. To each his own but I think this may be the best I've seen (for me).
I will become a supporting member only problem is remembering to send $ each month may be difficult.....I have 'old timers' and C.R.F. so I will send a years worth all at once if that's ok...:trust:
Very nice forum....thanks for having it!

Hoss83

Just go to the top where it says SUPPORT TWT. Tourmeister is the big Kahuna. :sun:

Ok, just sent $ for a year.....best forum hands down! Thanks for keeping it that way!

Sold my DL seat, quickly. None of the hassle of CList. Sent in 10% because I use this site for so much more than a few for sale items.
:sun:
Thanks,

Sent ya $15 by Paypal. I know it's not much, but the IRS just took a big bite outta me. Plan on retiring in a year and a half. I'll be in Houston in April looking for a retirement home.:rider:

Back