• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2006 Dodge Diesel Sprinter Van 60K miles $15K

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Well it is time to sell the Hanibal Lectar Van. If you have a small business and need to make deliveries or if you need covered lock storage and need to pull a lightweight trailer, this IS the deal for you.

This is the low top short model but still has a ton of cargo space. I can almost stand up in it and I am 5'4" It has shelving on one side and a cheap cycle chock mounted up front. Van also has the divider that separates the cab from the cargo area. An Alpine aftermarket radio was added and AC blows cold. Hitch was added and a 7pin plug was added (we hauled a lightweight camper)

The van was also re-badged with MB emblems and pinstriped to break up the solid white color.

Here is the best part, it has 60K original miles. It was not my primary vehicle but is driven at least 1X a week. Battery is newish and it has no issues other than it is time for fluids to be change out (I have the parts to change tranny fluid) Never in a wreck and it comes with a clear blue TX title in my name. It needs a good wash as well.

We sold the camper and with a company SUV issued to me, I decided to sell it since it is not an income producing asset. PM if interested. Pics availabe this weekend. Firm on price and transaction to be held at a Chase Bank convenient to both parties.

I have a 2006 Sprinter as well. These are the last of the "good" sprinters.

Why? In 2007 they went from the MB 5 cylinder to the 6 cylinder which required an amazing amount of extra parts to comply with emissions...mainly a screen, a process to superheat the screen with exhaust gasses by fudging the injection, etc... So anything after a 2006 is basically a piece of junk that requires, I'm not making this up, around $.08 per mile in maintenance and repair costs on the diesel particulate emissions system alone. Massive downtime is the norm. but, not on the 2006 and earliers!!!!

The 2006 is the standard Fedex delivery package which lasts 350,000 - 500,000 miles depending on upkeep. $15k might seems like a lot for the 2006 model, but it still has a good 300k of usable life in it.

Just keep the fuel warm on sub-zero days and clean the fuel filter and your injectors and motor will thank you.

Windows are easily retrofitted.

Define "easily"? I'm assuming thats not synonymous with cost-effective? :)

I'd love to own one of these, especially given the low mileage. But we've purchased 2 vehicle in the past 18 mos. A non-daily driver just isn't in the cards at moment. But I seriously don't think you'll have any problems selling it.

-CJB

Is it the old 5 cylinder engine? From what I read, the 5 cyl van has a 5k towing rating. Is that correct? does it have windows in the back doors? rh

Is it the old 5 cylinder engine? From what I read, the 5 cyl van has a 5k towing rating. Is that correct? does it have windows in the back doors? rh

No windows in back cargo door. Yep 5K tow rating. We had a 2500lb camper and no problems around here. Now going to Colorado or something, I'd probably add a tranny cooler and electric brakes. Supposedly the 5cyl are the ones to have over the 6cyl. My buddy has a 2005 he uses for work and hauls A LOT in the cargo area. I think his is right at 150K right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, sold 32 weeks ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back