• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rank the 3 Twisted Sisters

Do yourself a favor. Invest a day and drive to Arkansas.
Hwy 341 is much better, no traffic, no LEO, just like the
Three sisters were in 1981. 80 curves in 20 miles up
"Push Mountain". I rode it six times both ways yesterday
and the sides of my Michelin RS radials look like I did a
track day (six trips up and back is 240 miles, about like
"The three sisters"). I promise you wont regret going...

Well, I hate to disagree. I ride the Sisters at least twice a month, sometimes more. Never get tired of the scenery and roads. The OP posted about 2 couples riding 2 up, not holigans rocketing on sportbikes. Even on busy days, sure, there are other bikes out there, but rarely do I get held up by anyone. Most groups allow you to pass if you desire, or if you happen to catch a train, then just pull over and enjoy a break. On the route I outlined, I have yet to see a LEO this year at all. Any time is a good time to enjoy these roads.

To each their own. That's what makes
Motorcycling so unique. We all usually
agree on one thing. Two wheels are
are always better than four...

Yep, we're already set to have this happen on this weekend and rooms aren't refundable. Pity really, because I just learned it's a big rally weekend.

There are big rallys held frequently for much of the year. Many of them are HQ'd in Bandera. But really, it's pretty easy to avoid the crowds of cruisers/ packs of crotch rockets.

Y'all will have a good trip, no worries.

Yep, we're already set to have this happen on this weekend and rooms aren't refundable. Pity really, because I just learned it's a big rally weekend.

Youll be alright . The pirates are probably faster than yall anyway :rofl:

Silverbullet and I ran 337 , part of 335 and several other roads on our way back from Van Horn yesterday just because I wanted to try my new to me Tenere out on Hackberry road. We did see one couple on a trike . To me all those roads are fun if I`m trying to keep up with SB or if I`m going slow with my wife on the back.

I've been down there several times while the rally is on. Biggest issue I have is the ride down from Dallas and coming up on a big pack riding in slowly in formation. We travel faster than average and it becomes a real pain getting around them. :sun:

All said, it's still better than staying home and working around the house! :clap:

BTW, congrats on the new Tenere JMZ

For me and outright riding challenge it's 337 but they're all good just slightly different.
:rider:

Lots of fallen rock and livestock in the way this year, not to mention huge parades of strange vehicles doing "club" runs. Specifically, check out hundreds of Polaris Slingshots extending in a line as far as the eye could see at 8:43. Still, it was a really fun trip. Just being in the hill country on a motorcycle is its own reward:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3MU8SJWj8"]The Best Motorcycle Ride In Texas : Three Sisters & Hill Country - YouTube[/ame]

Last time I was there, there were police everywhere. To be fair, I got stopped and received only a warning. The deputy asked why I was going so fast, I wanted to say duh, but I was respectful. If they are going to start harassing riders, then I'll find another place to have fun. Kinda stupid cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If only one, 336 would be my choice the right on 41 then another right on 39 back to Kerrville on the way back to Fburg. That being said, you will probably ride the best part of 337 getting to Leakey.

+1

As Tom Says, the best sister is 336. It's funny how we all have our own impressions. The thing I like about 336 is the roller coaster section closer to 41.

So here's a route from Fredericksburg. South on 16 to Medina, 337 to Leakey, 336 to 41 to 39 the River Road. Don't underestimate the beauty and fun of the two non-sisters 16 and 39. Great places to stop in Medina (The Apple Store, lunch), Leakey (Frio Canyon Motorcycle Shop, Lunch or drink), Hunt (the Hunt Store, gas and food and here's a secret, some of the best food for dinner in the area, they have a white table cloth section).

Oh yeah, don't miss the motorcycle museum in Vanderpool, it is amazing the bikes he has in there. And if you have a hankering for a little dirt there is always Bullhead Rd from 336 to 335 and Hackberry Rd from 335 to 41 but be careful if the water crossings are wet, I have seen many put down at the drop of a hat.

Here's the route, about 200 miles: Short Sisters

Last edited:
If you are looking for a fairly short ride, two of us were just up in Fredericksburg with our wives. We rode the Cherry Mountain Loop, to Gypsum Mine road, 965 past Enchanted Rock, Willow City loop then some back roads down to 290 (visited Wild Seeds Farm, guys a beer, girls for flowers) then Luckenbach via Luckenbach road and back to FBurg. If you are just looking for a short day, it's about a 2 hour ride and a couple hours thrown in for stops.

Fredericksburg Loop

I like 337 from 16 all the way to camp wood. The parts of 335 and 336 off 41 are boring. It's the circle that draws crowds. Lots of other fun roads in the area. Lots of good loops. Nice to see some in this thread. OP, you have ideas for several good rides ahead. Enjoy!

Seems the reason for strict enforcement is few people paying taxes in the county because so few actually live there, and each helicopter ride after someone with no insurance or savings shows he ain't as good as he thought he was is a major dent in the counties' emergency services budgets. Tones are not cheap, even if responders are volunteers.

No matter what the squids think, rural roads are not race tracks and those who ride over the speed limit are criminals. That's reality. I hope it bites those who deserve it. Hard. That's why I have scoots with plates that just don't go very fast. I can run the tar out of them, have tons of fun, and not worry too much about tickets.

+1

As Tom Says, the best sister is 336. It's funny how we all have our own impressions. The thing I like about 336 is the roller coaster section closer to 41.

So here's a route from Fredericksburg. South on 16 to Medina, 337 to Leakey, 336 to 41 to 39 the River Road. Don't underestimate the beauty and fun of the two non-sisters 16 and 39. Great places to stop in Medina (The Apple Store, lunch), Leakey (Frio Canyon Motorcycle Shop, Lunch or drink), Hunt (the Hunt Store, gas and food and here's a secret, some of the best food for dinner in the area, they have a white table cloth section).

Oh yeah, don't miss the motorcycle museum in Vanderpool, it is amazing the bikes he has in there. And if you have a hankering for a little dirt there is always Bullhead Rd from 336 to 335 and Hackberry Rd from 335 to 41 but be careful if the water crossings are wet, I have seen many put down at the drop of a hat.

Here's the route, about 200 miles: Short Sisters

Great stuff. Thanks!

If you are looking for a fairly short ride, two of us were just up in Fredericksburg with our wives. We rode the Cherry Mountain Loop, to Gypsum Mine road, 965 past Enchanted Rock, Willow City loop then some back roads down to 290 (visited Wild Seeds Farm, guys a beer, girls for flowers) then Luckenbach via Luckenbach road and back to FBurg. If you are just looking for a short day, it's about a 2 hour ride and a couple hours thrown in for stops.

Fredericksburg Loop

Perfect for Saturday morning.

Just got back from there this past week. I must say that the road surface is in the best shape its been in for a while. Looks like they had resurfaced it and it seemed to be less rough on tires.

Patience always seems to be the key to riding around the weekend. Don't stress about the traffic. I got lucky and encountered 4 big groups on the road. 2 were heading the opposite direction and the other 2 were taking a rest break at a pullout.

Back