• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why doesn't Basecamp map render same on unit

copb8

Most Ignored
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Nale
This seems like a new problem so I must of jacked something up either on the unit or in Basecamp.

I plot a detailed map in BC and then send it to the unit. When I open it in the unit and look at the rendered map it's goofy. It hits all the waypoints but doesn't follow a logical route. It's like it's avoiding the roads that were selected in BC.

The unit is a Zumo 350LM and all maps and software are the lastest versions.

It's been a while since I used BC, plus I have a Zumo 550, not a Zumo 350LM, so please understand if some of the terms I use are not exact.

If I remember right, you can set road-type preferences on both BC and the unit. Stuff like avoid interstates or take the shortest route. Is it possible that the preferences you have set in BC are way different than what you have set on your Zumo 350LM?

Avoidances, and routing need to be set the same in both BC and the GPS unit. Or as close as you can get them.

DING DING DING DING !!!

Avoidance and road preference were set differently.

Thank you.

Back