• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Calendar of Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Here are the events The Texas Adventure Co. is hosting in 2011. I will keep this thread up to date with any additions or changes (Rusty and I are discussing adding one or more events).

Around the Bend: Feb 24 - 27, 2011, Terlingua, TX (Big Bend) Ride some of the best roads in Texas. Explore Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, or the Big Bend region. This annual adventure is open to all riders.

Texas Adventure Ride (TAR): Apr 7 - 10, 2011, Junction, TX The Texas hill country is famous for its superb paved road riding but the dual sport community knows something the cruiser and sport bike crowds don't - the dual sport riding in the Texas hill country is both better and more abundant than the paved road only riding. TAR is the annual dual sport adventure rally in the Texas hill country.

Beyond Epic Rally: Sep 3 - 5, 2011 Clarksville, Arkansas. When riders in the South Central United States need to ride the twisties we go to northwest Arkansas. It is completely full of amazingly fun twisty roads. Whether you want to ride paved, non-paved, or both, the Beyond Epic rally is the place to be on Labor Day weekend.

Mexico: Currently all organized Mexico rides/rallies are suspended until the violent border drug wars settle down.

You can find out more information on any of these events at the web site texasadventure.net

Last edited:
I would like to do a Cloudcroft, NM ride in July, but need to see how I can juggle my limited vacation time to be able to run it. It is about 500 miles from Austin, which makes it about the same as going to Clarksville, AR for the Epic ride or Big Bend for Around the Bend. So we should plan on it being at least 3 days of riding. Since Arkansas is in Sept., I think CC needs to be in July. Any earlier and the National Forest can be closed due to lack of rain and the downed trees are quite often not cleaned up yet.

So, tentatively there will be a Cloudcroft area ride in July. Length, date and ride guide/routes still to be determined. Feedback is welcome.

Nothing lasts forever

sombreroLarge.jpg

FYI- I just called Hills Motel in Junction to make my reservation for TAR 2011. New ownwers as of last week. I asked about the group discount, and they hadn't a clue...

I would like to do a Cloudcroft, NM ride in July, but need to see how I can juggle my limited vacation time to be able to run it. It is about 500 miles from Austin, which makes it about the same as going to Clarksville, AR for the Epic ride or Big Bend for Around the Bend. So we should plan on it being at least 3 days of riding. Since Arkansas is in Sept., I think CC needs to be in July. Any earlier and the National Forest can be closed due to lack of rain and the downed trees are quite often not cleaned up yet.

So, tentatively there will be a Cloudcroft area ride in July. Length, date and ride guide/routes still to be determined. Feedback is welcome.

For once a ride that I would be able to do without any consequences. I would even be willing to offer some free labor and support.

I just saw the note about Mexico, sad but understandable. I sure am glad I got to go last May. I can't wait to go back when things improve.

Looking forward to Junction.

Cloudcroft sounds great! Theres a rally in Ruiodoso called the Golden Aspen Rally that Ive been to several times in the past with my Goldwing, and That area has really wonderful sights, and I always wanted to do it in the dirt, and nows the time!!:clap::rider:

Well, since I have a cabin in Cloudcroft and have rode some there in the dirt (WR250R) and on the road (Ulysses), AND I am up there typically in July, COUNT ME IN! :rider:

....Jonesing for another MexTrek-esque trip..........

Richard, have you had any contact with the folks in Galeana (particularly la policia) inquiring about the actual / current state of safety in our riding area?

Richard, have you had any contact with the folks in Galeana (particularly la policia) inquiring about the actual / current state of safety in our riding area?

It is all sunshine and roses in N. mexico and the frontera, you should ride down solo and do some re-con. Civilians and especially Gringos will never get hassled. Here is a news website for you to enjoy.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

I'm jonesing too. I'm tentatively planning a trip to the area during Memorial Day weekend 2012.

I haven't hand any contact with anyone in Galeana since MexTrek 2010, so I don't have an update as to current events.

I'm jonesing too. I'm tentatively planning a trip to the area during Memorial Day weekend 2012.

I haven't hand any contact with anyone in Galeana since MexTrek 2010, so I don't have an update as to current events.

I've talked with Arturo in Reynosa (Arte on ADVrider). He says that travel to the area should still be equally safe as before and plans to make a trip within the next month. He suggests that the only way of getting into trouble would be if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time... and get caught in the cross fire.
I think you'd have a better chance of hitting a goat crossing Mex 40....

I'll be tentative for May, if a few things work out...
If not on the bike I'll act as a support vehicle in the 4x4.

Registration & Hotel group rate ready for Big Bend 2012?
I would like to start my 'count-down'..

• From mobile •

Registration & Hotel group rate ready for Big Bend 2012?
I would like to start my 'count-down'..

I'm putting the final touches on it now and hope to have registration open by the end of the week.

I have spoken with Deena at the El Dorado Motel and arranged our group rate for this year. I recommend making reservations now. When you call, ask for Deena and let her know you are with Uncle's ride.

I'm putting the final touches on it now and hope to have registration open by the end of the week.

I have spoken with Deena at the El Dorado Motel and arranged our group rate for this year. I recommend making reservations now. When you call, ask for Deena and let her know you are with Uncle's ride.

I know I'm old, but uhh, did the dates change?
I had marked my calendar for the first weekend in March and now the first post says Feb...

I know I'm old, but uhh, did the dates change?
I had marked my calendar for the first weekend in March and now the first post says Feb...

ok, thats this years date, so just to clarify, when is the 2012 Round the Bend?

Whew, now I see what happened, somebody drug up last years calendar and I didn't read the title. As you were. :mrgreen:

I know what happened, :trust: I threw off your concentration in langtry when I was singing " OLD TURKEY BUZZARD" :rofl:..... sorry JT :rider:

I know what happened, :trust: I threw off your concentration in langtry when I was singing " OLD TURKEY BUZZARD" :rofl:..... sorry JT :rider:

That's it! It's Mossriders fault!
:chug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back