• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Exhaust Tape

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
Hey Y'all!

I've already got a little bit of ugliness on a portion of my exhaust. I was thinking of wrapping some exhaust tape around the area.

Anyone out there have any helpful comments/complaints/suggestions?

10384279_10202622822028672_4186877995781972016_n_zps9b9b39b7.jpg

^Right there between the muffler and the fairing area.

That stuff should just wash off.:mrgreen: Maybe get after it with some Mothers metal polish and steel wool, worked for me before.

That stuff should just wash off.:mrgreen: Maybe get after it with some Mothers metal polish and steel wool, worked for me before.

That gook is permanent, been there since I got it years ago. I haven't thought to use mother's polish though. :ponder:

Truth be told, I would really rather wrap it. From what I understand, the exhaust tape, along with all the yellow, makes the bike go faster. :rider:

That gook is permanent, been there since I got it years ago. I haven't thought to use mother's polish though. :ponder:

Depends on the base metal of the muffler - exhaust wrap can greatly accelerate corrosion underneath where it is wrapped. Wouldn't do it on chromed steel

You're the second person to say that. I figured since a lot of cruisers have it, it would be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ??

IF you do decide to wrap the exhaust, wrap from the manifold to the can. At least get some benenfit. Could always use "krinkle" style BBQ or other high heat paint if the "gook" has a definite uneven texture. Looks like a boot heel melted on the pipe.

Well, after buying the stuff I needed, I decided to go at it one more time. About 30 minutes + elbow grease + green pad + Navel Jelly & VOILA (excuse my French)

me5y8unu.jpg

durasaja.jpg

So now, to make a couple'a returns and save some moolah!

u9ysavar.jpg

Major improvement. I have a bunch of motorcycles that need a bath, and a cage, and a Freightliner, ... .

Well, I was going to give my 2 cents on the wrap, but never mind. It looks great as is.

Back