• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Overnight ride out of East Texas

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a good location for an overnight trip out of Marshall. I may even consider a two night trip. Due to the stress of work, family, extended family, ect., I have to get away with camera in hand. However, I am at a loss as to where to go.

My vote goes to Northern Arkansas.... or anything north of I-40 - especially if you have 2 nights.

I agree with bandit. 7 or your pick into Harrison and then almost any road in the area.
There is so much to do and see in that area, it will take more than two days..:rider:

Short trip to Beavers Bend works for a close getaway for us , a little further to Mena or Hot Springs works too....

If you ride into OK, look up the Indian Hwy or Indian Service Road running North out of Hanobia. In AR, most all smaller roads north of Ashdown, Nashville to Arkadelphia are enjoyable to ride.

Mena by way of Albert Pike, then across Talimena down to Beavers Bend. That's a good overnight trip. I just made it last weekend,in the reverse order. Definitely hit the Indian Hwy between Talimena and Beavers Bend.

Mena by way of Albert Pike, then across Talimena down to Beavers Bend. That's a good overnight trip. I just made it last weekend,in the reverse order. Definitely hit the Indian Hwy between Talimena and Beavers Bend.

Or if you prefer to head south, come join us off-centered sidecar folks down at Holly Park Marina on Toledo Bend Fri/Sat May 3/4. :mrgreen:

Don't know why but most completely overlook hundreds of miles of little roads in NE TX and West LA. Kinda glad these areas haven't been discovered.

You don't have to get above IH40 in Arkansas to ride some great roads with some great scenery. Petit Jean Park, Mt. Nebo, etc.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75054

If you want gravel do a search on East Texas 450. You find a great route just south of you extending into the SHNF. A bonus? There are GPX tracks in the post.

I think first we need to know what you are riding???

And weather this upcoming weekend isn't looking to be the best either. :(

Back