• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding on the beach?

I'm off of 4th and Harborside...currently all I have is my truck (which today developed a new problem concerning braking and the idle) and I'm looking at getting a bike

I'm off of 4th and Harborside...currently all I have is my truck (which today developed a new problem concerning braking and the idle) and I'm looking at getting a bike
what, at 13.5 miles to the gal, you must have the super 4.3l like my truck. it sucks on gas.:rofl::rofl::rofl: i get 13 mpg without a/c:sun::sun:. i may sell my bike??? what you looking to spend?:clap::clap::clap:

There must be something wrong with your truck if you're getting that kind of gas mileage with a V6...

I'm not looking to spend more than $2,000, how does it feel riding the BRP around here?

There must be something wrong with your truck if you're getting that kind of gas mileage with a V6...

I'm not looking to spend more than $2,000, how does it feel riding the BRP around here?
yea, my temp on my truck runs about 160 so the comp sees the motor being cold so adds more fuel, but i hate a hot running motor. the BRP is killer for around town and some short hwy rides.

:eek2: Change out that thermostat ASAP! I used to run a 160* stat too, it hurt performance, gas mileage, and it also puts extra wear on the engine/various other parts.

What year is the truck? My friend used to drive a 94 extended cab short bed with the 4.3 and he would get 20 MPG on average.

Good to hear it's killer around town...now how about light trails around here

:eek2: Change out that thermostat ASAP! I used to run a 160* stat too, it hurt performance, gas mileage, and it also puts extra wear on the engine/various other parts.

What year is the truck? My friend used to drive a 94 extended cab short bed with the 4.3 and he would get 20 MPG on average.

Good to hear it's killer around town...now how about light trails around here
truck is a 92 or 93,dont remember. i like to keep them COOL!!! at 257,000 miles, it needs alll the cooling it can get. as for any trails, there aint none. theres a few places on PI, but i can ride all of it in a matter of 20 mins or so.

Making it run rich will wash out your cylinders, and clog your cat. If you really want to keep that thing cool put some electric fans on it. You should have no problem getting at least 17 MPG out of that 4.3.

I go to school over on PI so I guess that would be something fun to do between classes :lol2:

Haha hopefully I won't have that problem

Well good to hear it won't get blown all over the highway...I'm thinking I could ride a bike when I go visit my parents in Baytown

Haha hopefully I won't have that problem

Well good to hear it won't get blown all over the highway...I'm thinking I could ride a bike when I go visit my parents in Baytown
i could make a baytown ride, just may have to stop about half way and walk around for a few mins. wait till you get old. if you ride enough DIRT in your life, your gonna crash and somethings gonna bother you later in life.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumbd:

Also have you ever rode the XR over the causeway?

yeah i rode this mighty XR650L there..:rider:and back to humble TX

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

my good friend (I-RIDE-RED)

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

HONDA XR650L --------------:rider: YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE.!!!

Back