• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Worth nothing to me

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I had a friend shoot me pictures of this, wanting to know what's it worth. I see no value but thought I would put it out there in case I'm missing something. I have a couple more pics if needed.

Attachments

• 13706296_10208766595615553_906556648_n.jpg
    13706296_10208766595615553_906556648_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 358
I don't think you missed anything. The only way it would be worth anything is if someone needed the rack or some obscure piece to finish their project. The odds are extremely low in locating this rare person that would pay him for his junk.

I was also thinking '73. If anyone out there were restoring one like it, some of the parts might be helpful. This one looks to still have mostly stock parts.

His guess was 76, but that doesn't mean anything for sure.

Attachments

• 13734638_10208766595335546_265921181_n.jpg
    13734638_10208766595335546_265921181_n.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 166
"Back in the day" that was a popular starter bike for 15 year-olds under a restricted license. With time someone might want it for nostalgia, but if it's taking up space, make a call to the motorcycle junk yard and take what they offer.

I had a friend shoot me pictures of this, wanting to know what's it worth. I see no value but thought I would put it out there in case I'm missing something. I have a couple more pics if needed.

I had one of those when I was 14. It made a great adventure bike.

I had the 80cc version of that bike. Here is a pic of me on it in the mid-80's. Wish I still had it to putt around on.

Attachments

• mike_on the Yamaha.jpg
    mike_on the Yamaha.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 143
You really have to give it away. If someone is going to take the effort and expense of bringing this back to life, they best start at $0.00. Sell the rack or a part if you can but really don't gouge anyone who makes this his hobby. I have given several away in much better shape than that. Rather, I sell it for $1 so that it is a legal transaction for them to title later if they get that far.

WOO! What a nice mail box post!

Back around 1971, I learned to ride on Yami 125 and 175 enduros, on my uncle's ranchland near Bowie. Great dirt bikes in their day, but they're not classics. Sadly, that bike is only worth the salvageable parts.

I had the 72 with 100 badges on it at 15 years old, the 175 top end would bolt right up, the one pictured looks like it was in good shape before it got left out to roast.

Could not find this name/link the other day but did today. Give/sell to this guy. He would be your best bet that this may see the light of day again or be used for parts. This is exact thing he is looking for are old bikes people not sure what to do with. Better than trashing it when someone may be looking for parts. Good luck.

Cen-Tex Moto Rescue

http://killeen.craigslist.org/mpo/5696267975.html

Last edited:
I'll be more than happy to rescue any Vincent, Ariel, Triumph (Meriden not Hinckley), BSA, Norton or Bimota parts, to!

Okay, maybe I perused that ad a bit too quickly and did not read exactly what he was wanting to "rescue". Sooo maybe this is not his ideal rescue bike but still somewhere to get rid of it.

I'd buy it. Not for much, and the farther I gotta go to get it, the more that number goes down... but I AM interested

Worth a trip to the Scrap Yard......you should get at least enough for a cup of coffee.......:rider:

Back